Listener Betrayal 232!

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Listener Betrayal 232!

Postby Kyle » Mon May 28, 2018 11:46 am

Ask Mike and host anything! Also- tell them about the most meaningful gift you've received for your birthday!

Mike's concerned that nobody's been responding on the forums for, like, three or four weeks in a row. So listener betrayal is going up way early to give everyone a chance to respond.

Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Listener Betrayal 232!

Postby Eliahad » Mon May 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Mike! Did you ever call your brother? He misses you!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Mon May 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Hey. How come you're not playing Gnomes 100, Dragons 0? Huh?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon May 28, 2018 9:02 pm

When are you going to get Kyle to co-host with you again?

Would you watch a standalone Lando movie? If not, tell us why.

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue May 29, 2018 11:09 am

Dude! I made it in for listener betrayal! So cool!

Okay, first of all- Solo was great. I thought it was going to be crap and I thought it was fun and cool. You've probably already done a review for the show, so answer me this: what did you think of the dynamic between Han and Chewie; and then Han and Lando? I actually really thought those were the best parts.

Finally, the most meaningful gift I've ever been given is... hmmm... the gift of getting to listen to this show every week? Oh and once someone gave me a "Wil Wheaton Is Not My Friend" shirt and that was pretty bad ass, but I can't remember who got it for me.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am

Oh! Meaningful gift! My Grandpa on my mom's side only ever got me one gift for my birthday, but it is the cello chair that I have used for the last 18 years. Yes, cello chair, it is a slightly taller chair with a seat that pitches forward slightly instead of backward like most other chairs. Ideal for playing the cello!

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am

So... Godball?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 am

Oh wait a minute. Wait. Oh. This is embarrassing. I just remembered who got me the "Wil Wheaton Is Not My Friend" shirt. It was me. Wow. This is really embarrassing.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue May 29, 2018 3:25 pm

First a explanation of my process, then a question, then a request for the podcast.

What do I have to do to get on Aidan's podcast Slack or message train for Listener Betrayal?

Thanks for the answer. Now both of you pretend to me identical twins that always finish... each other's sentences!

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed May 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Listener betrayal... Day 3.

The warm rays of Spring's first hopeful sunshine have long since been shadowed by the slate grey of Winter's second wind. Where once I thought I'd be welcoming the comforting tones of Mike's vocal stylings, I'm instead met with silence. Not even just silence, but a void of recognition or affirmation. Not even the pathetically sought "'Atta boy" from my older sibling. I am left to drown in my confusion and the cacophony of questions that arise from the absence of the show.

There is no show. There never was. What if I'm still in the hospital and people are posting up posts just like this on Animalball, wondering when I'm going to come out of my coma and continue the Animalcast?

No! NO! There must be a show. And if there is a show, then there will be a Bed/Wed/Behead.

Bed/Wed/Behead: Roseanne Barr after being hit with a "racist stick" that makes her twelve times more racist (and more vocal about it) than she already is; Donald Trump Jr. freshly off his divorce and looking to punish the next piece of ass he can get; or 50's era Josef Stalin who withholds sex unless you agree to carry out some political purges with him.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu May 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Listener Betrayal: Day 4!

Sorry for being so glum and emo yesterday. You know what I needed? A good night's sleep. And now I got a solid 7.5 last night and I'm feeling great! And I'm sure the show is coming back and hasn't been cancelled forever. So, that's good.

Question: Look, if you had one shot-- one opportunity-- to seize everything you ever wanted. One moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu May 31, 2018 2:20 pm

I have an answer to my last question. But I don't want you to read it yet. I'd rather hear your answers.

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Mom's spaghetti. The answer was mom's spaghetti.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 31, 2018 4:22 pm

If you choose a celibate marriage with Stalin, does he refrain from mass murder?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu May 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am

Listener Betrayal. Day 5.

Dear Diary:

I'm going to be totally honest. I'm beginning to think that creating a listener betrayal thread was a mistake. It seemed funny at first, but then I made the total worst mistake you make in a project like this. I just assumed it would take on a life of its own. In my head, I saw people flocking to this thread-- people that have never even posted before-- and joining in. It would go viral and we would have hundreds, if not thousands of responses as people joined the hive mind and sense of community behind participating in Nerd Pride Radio's podcast.

If I post it, they will come.

But they didn't. In fact, although some brave souls did participate, the laboring oar of keeping this thread relevant has fallen on me. WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO LAZY?

But wait. If I post it, they will come.

I posted it.

In Field of Dreams (a movie that, I must confess Diary, I've never seen), Kevin Costner built a baseball diamond in his corn field and a bunch of ghosts showed up and played baseball. I think Robert Redford even played the ghost of Pistol Pete Marivich and hit a homerun that went into the lights and caused an explosion. But wouldn't that have set the cornfield on fire? I might be remembering that wrong.

But what if... what if there are ghost responses that have been edited onto all the other responses, but in the invisible font??

O.
M.
G.

I bet there's a TON of ghost responses. I'm going to go back and check the other posts, Diary. This could really be something.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am

Shit.

No ghost responses.

Damn lazy ghosts.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Listener Betrayal. Day 6.

I really thought this might be it. Saturday at 4. Looks good. He's recorded on Saturday afternoons lately.

But then.

But then I see that Mike is going camping.

Camping.

Jesus Cotton Christ. What is going on. So now he's going to get back late on Sunday, and probably skip another week.

And now I realize that I'm writing this post to a phantom audience. Usually I write them to address Mike directly, with questions worded like I'm in the room and asking him personnaly. But I'm not doing that now and I realize that it's bothering me. Who are you? Who am I talking to? Are you the ghosts that are refusing to make your ghost posts? Or did you read my post from yesterday and decide... Oh shit. I'm going to check for ghost posts again.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Fucking ghosts.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Shhh, you'll scare them away!

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”