Just a grilled cheese sandwich

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just a grilled cheese sandwich

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:36 am

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: Just a grilled cheese sandwich

Postby Eliahad » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:40 pm

It... It's beautiful!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm jealous.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:33 pm

If I thought I could make a living making them, I would.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 pm

You have some kind of good bread there.

By the way, I recently finally did something I've wanted to do for years, and made my own loaf of bread from the yeast on up. It has remained in my mind all these many years as a life goal, and now I can make my own bread. It's a pain in the ass that takes forever. However it's quite good.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:35 pm

If you don't mind my asking, which part, Pheebs, do you think is the pain in the ass part?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

The spiked kneading chair? (I'm guessing.)
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Another sandwich, another distraction! :D
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Where do ya'all stand on TOMATO SOUP as a standard for grilled cheese dip? I thought this was 100 percent accepted as part of the meal but I've learned that the opposite might be true.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:20 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Zen that sounds like pure hell but Allah bless that meal anyway.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 pm

You'd be surprised. There are plenty of decent gluten-free breads. The hardest part is finding ones that have a large enough slice to make a decent sandwich, really. And there is certainly no shortage of gluten-free noodles in the world. Thai rice noodles are some of my favorite. You can buy them in varieties that are similar to ramen that make fantastic soup noodles. I tend to make my own soups now, using broth and some spices and whatever I want to toss in. My wife makes a mean veggie rice soup. Just had some for dinner tonight.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:48 pm

All goofs aside I will give any vegie/gluten option a try and give it a fair shake.

Black Bean burgers=amazing

Vegan lasagna=hell cake.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I have to agree that I well prepared black bean burger is pretty damned amazing. Never had vegan lasagna, but I would expect it would depend on how it was prepared. I've had plenty of vegan dishes that were great and others that weren't, just like with gluten-free things. There's a particular "off flavor" that I associate with poorly done gluten-free food that I have developed a particular distaste for. I think it comes from a particular type of rice flour used with the wrong preparation.

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”