New Convergence 2 Cover Image

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Convergence 2 Cover Image

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 am

So... I decided a while back that I wanted to change the cover image for Convergence 2 to match the covers for book 1 and book 3 better. So I commissioned another image from the same artist that did the other two. This one is of Jules and her cousin, who were symbolized by the violin and cello on the cover before. In the picture, they are in their early teens, as this is from the "flashback" section of book 2. I like the way the image came out, but I haven't tried to put it with the rest of the cover yet.

The plan is to re-release book 2 with this cover about a month before book 3 is ready, with book 3 prereleased at the same time. I might also change the categorization of the books. One of my comic author friends who read book 1 suggested that a sci-fi section under paranormal romance might garner more readers. (She also has a lot of suggestions about the covers... I probably should listen to her, but I really like Hale's artwork... Maybe I should see if Hale could work on something for the rest of the cover as well?)

In the long run, I'm thinking that I might do a re-release of the story as one volume in a couple of years with some re-writes. I might change up the order of some things, have more of the past show up as dream sequences instead of prologues, or introduce more about some of the stuff in book 2 earlier in the story... Hard to say. (It would probably need lots of editing...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”