Preparing to publish

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Preparing to publish

Postby Zen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Well, I've decided to get the first book in the Convergence trilogy ready to publish on Amazon. (Thanks Kyle for pointers on how to get started! :) )

Looking over their formatting guidelines, I have a lot of work to do to change the way I did things. I used things like smaller fonts in some spots to indicate different things and some line borderlines that I don't think their formatting will like either. I also think that I may do away with the Chapter numbers altogether and simply have the chapters be identified by the Date and World-line, starting a new chapter every time the world-line changes, but not having a new "research log" entry unless it is a new "scene". (Sometimes I shift from one universe to another in the same scene...)

I may put something like "Research Notes:" before those sections to make it clear that is what it is as well. The other option is to take them out and format them as actual pages and insert them as images... That might be interesting... Ooh. I might see how that works! I turn text into images easily enough...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Re: Preparing to publish

Postby Elle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Hey I missed this before! Good luck with this, and let us know so we can upvote it or whatever, if it appears on Amazon.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:29 pm

is now available on Amazon! It is also Kindle Unlimited eligible, so if you use that service, please do download it and flip through the pages even if you don't want to read it! LOL!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:50 pm

BTW, the series name is now Fionnbhara Convergence. There was already a Fantasy series named Convergence and I didn't want to have confusion...

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”