Convergence 2: Coalesce / Collapse on WattPad

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Convergence 2: Coalesce / Collapse on WattPad

Postby Zen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:12 am

I have started posting book 2 of Fionnbhara Convergence, Convergence 2: Coalesce / Collapse . Currently up to the first chapter is posted. I should be posting one chapter per week.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Convergence 2: Coalesce / Collapse on WattPad

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 am

Yay, congrats on finishing all this!!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks! It is really amazing how many mistakes I find by posting chapter up onto WattPad. It is really worth it to use the site, even though not many people read it there... :)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:34 pm

I wish I could do what you're doing. It would be so much fun to be able to write! And I do think publishing it on the site really serves as a catalyst. Or at least that's how many writers would experience it!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Almost done with Book 2 on WattPad, but I might not finish it there... Why? There is a contest that Amazon is running through the Kindle Direct Publishing service that requires that the book not be previously published anywhere else... While large portions of it have been on WattPad, the entire book has not been yet. (Actually, I think it might fit the bill even if I finished putting it up there, since there is not actual publishing agreement there.)

In any case, I'm thinking of entering book 2 in that contest... If I win, it might mean a publishing contract. I doubt that I would, but you never know and it could bump up the advertisement for the book just by the fact that it is in the contest. Reading the basics on it there doesn't seem to be any cost to enter, so it looks reasonable. Kind of odd to be entering with a sequel, but oh well...
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Awesome, you should enter the contest!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 am

Convergence 2 is just about published... I haven't gotten the paperback version ready yet, so I HOPE it will still qualify for the contest. If not, such is life. I put up the edited version of the ebook last night then started prepping to do the paperback and realized that there is a ton of formatting work I need to do to get that ready. (I should have done that ahead of time if I wanted to get it released on the same day and been updating the chapters as I edited them in the ebook version. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!!!! Oh well... live and learn.) I put the tag for the contest in so hopefully it will qualify... sigh... I was up until 4am getting that puppy finished last night. I doubt that I'll get the paperback version formatted by the end of the 19th, especially by the end of the 19th in the UK, which is where the contest technically is...

I'll post the link when the book goes live.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat May 20, 2017 5:08 pm

is now available on Amazon! The paperback version has yet to be successfully linked to the e-book version, but it will be within a couple of days. (I have faith... that's how it worked last time.)

Here is the final cover (Paperback version):
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

The paperback version of Convergence 2: Coalesce / Collapse is currently #64 on the Ficción histórica sales chart for Amazon Spain! (I happen to know that the author of Anne bought a copy and the Translator for Anne has it in her cart and might have pushed Buy by now as well... She was waiting for a client's payment to come through...) Currently, Phillip K. Dick's Man in the High Castle is sitting at #34 on that sales chart... I'm only 30 spots bellow one of the true GIANTS of the genre! (I am also pretty sure that this chart includes regular historical fiction in addition to Alternate History... Translation issues from the English genres to the Spanish, I presume... At least I don't think Tolstoy's War and Peace is an Alternate History story... I haven't read it, so I suppose I could be wrong...)

I think that what this really means is: This genre doesn't sell very well in Spain...

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”