[GB] Card Names

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Card Names

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:39 am

I was taking a crack at naming some of the different cards and a thought occurred to me. This could be where we inject some personality into each of the Gods and name them as if that particular God was reacting to the situation. They are, in a way, our flavor text, while also indicating what the card might do.

Aphrodite could exude some of the characteristics of being conflict adverse. (Except for a few where she just ends up being hopping mad.) Hera is much more severe. Zeus is just having fun all the time. Hermes (it occurs to me now, though we would have to be exceptionally careful with this) could have all the spaces removed from his words so it looks like he's saying things really quickly all the time. Athena is practical and to the point.

We don't need to do this, and we certainly don't need to do it right now. But if we do something like it, and we do it right, it can further the entire experience. This is the frosting that will take us to over the top.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Wowie
Pastry Artisan

Re: [GB] Card Names

Postby Wowie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm

I've been quietly keeping up with things here even though I'm not active. I like this idea a lot. I was playing/learning some Red Dragon Inn with friends the other day and one of the first things I noticed was how colorfully named the cards were. It's little touches like this that make a game ooze personality. :D
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: [GB] Card Names

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 am

:cheers:

Return to “Godball”