Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 pm

I was quite happy to take your suggestion of listening to that song, and this was a different version than the normal "Killing me softly" that I am accustomed to playing? It did have really nice music! I liked her slightly different way of phrasing it too. Every so often I listen to Lauryn Hill's version, so that's the one most stuck in my mind at the moment. I think I will have to swap it out for this one!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:57 pm

I wuvvvv this song, which I think is basically the precursor of Adele's Hello, reworked with a better mix of stuff for loud Adele SANGING. But what happened to these guys? Maybe I should look into it.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:26 am

In the head, on repeat on repeat! Not such a bad thing to have stuck there.

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 am

For Tara

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 am

For me

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:20 am

For Ringo

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Random internet rabbit hole led us hear (lol phone, yes, music is involved)

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 am

This pleases me because I love the beat and not so much the n-word laden rap, the "let's turn to casual prostitution as an economic life solution!" rap. So here we have the beat in all its glory:

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Anyone has a good non-VH non-MJ EVH guitar solo to appreciate?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Listened to a few Eddie Van Halen collabs, some are good, some not so much. It's a hard line to tow between being being your own sound and blending in a rock god who has a very particular sound and vibe. Either he's front and center or he's barely in the mix. Obviously Quincy Jones and Michael knew how to use him and it's too bad that song is tarnished. Of what I checked out today, this is my favorite. He hits his classic VH sound at times, but it never truly leaves Dolby's new wave sound (and props for using the Bo Diddley beat).

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 am

Radio awash with Van Halen, which is good. I think my favorite is Unchained, a classic only getting better with time!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 am

Yay I know this one too but now thanks to Tahlvin it is in my head!!

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Listening to Thomas Dolby then moved me onto Malcolm McLaren's "Duck Rock", a mix of world and hip hop sounds from 1983, and the song "Double Dutch" which sounded great, but in a tale that's old as time was stolen from an African artist.

So that got me into Lulu Masilela and the Boyoyo Boys...

If you're a fan of Graceland, that sound should be very familiar, and thus not a shock that Paul Simon worked with them and credited Lulu on Gumboots. All settled, right? Nope! Because listening to "Gumboots" on youtube music then suggests only world-mixed-with-rock music by other famous white artists. If it's a celebration of the music of South Africa, gimmee more South African music!!

Return to “Nerd Babble”