The Riddle

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Riddle

Postby TheMaster » Mon May 02, 2016 2:34 pm

No cheating. Put you best foot forward to answer the riddle. I will post the answer this weekend!

Three gods A, B, and C are called, in no particular order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are da and ja, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Good luck.
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Re: The Riddle

Postby TheMaster » Tue May 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Want the first question you have to ask?
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:06 am

"Are you a liar?"
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:45 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 am

I see, my bad.

So, god A, is god B a liar?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 am

Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 am

I'm thinking start with a factual question, like "Does 2+2=4?" If I could ask this of everyone, I could solve it in two questions. The 2nd question would be to ask the one who answered differently than the other two if one of the other is a liar.

But, with asking a question to only one, I don't have an answer.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 am

Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 am

I forgot about that part. I got nothin'.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:50 am

I'll give a hint. You need to ask the first question in a way that you make a definite determination as to wither Da or Ja means yes or no. (sub hint: it doesn't really matter which means which as long as you can assume you know which means which)
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 am

If this were "The Hobbit", Gollum would have eaten me and I would have been glad for it. :oops:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 am

Ok, lol. Im going to place the answer here in the color that will hide it. if anyone wants to guess they can, or you can just highlight the answer so you can sleep lol
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:14 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:59 am

not gonna look. :raspberry: I will ponder this.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”