I842

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

I842

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 am

Every week, there is a new Invisibles Quiz, posted over at FilmWise.com. We solve the Invisibles Quiz as a group. As soon as we have identified all 8 movies, someone goes over to FilmWise and submits the correct answers under our name (NerdPrideRadio).

When you post your answers here, please use the "invis" button so that you don't give it away to other people who want to guess.

()

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: I842

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 am

1. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

2. The Big Lebowski

3. The Karate Kid

8. Mr. Mom
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:14 am

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Someone's Hamilton audition tape became a movie?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

7. Bottle Rocket (So overrated).

6 Doesn't look familiar to me, but 5 sure as shit does. And when I find out what it is, I know I'm going to feel super stupid for not getting it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

I echo Kyle's sentiments on 5 and 6!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

The person in 6 is wearing a television microphone pinned to their shirt. So the audition for Hamilton is closer than we think.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:12 pm

6. I have not seen this movie but I keep seeing it advertised on Netflix. No, Netflix, still not interested.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:44 am

Great... Now we're just left with the one that's going to make us feel like idiots because we didn't get it! I already feel like I should know it and I don't even know what it is yet!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 am

I'm thinking the sergeant is Bill Murray for some reason, but that's probably not right. I tried Green Mile, Inglorious Basterds and Boot Camp. But it's more modern that Boot Camp or Bill Murray, probably.

[edit: I realize that Mr. Murray is not in the Green Mile or Inglorious Basterds.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 am

This is killing me, I've plugged in every dated war movie and/or person in a looney bin movie I can think of and can't come up with it.

Am I the only one that's plugged this in a half-dozen times? Full Metal Jacket
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 am

Same, I've redone and a bunch of a bunch of times too.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 am

Been there... Done that! I'm gonna go check the message boards and see if people are complaining that there is a problem, come to think of it!!!!

EDIT: No complaints that it is wrong, so no... I guess it isn't and just not registering correctly... There are a few people that have said they have 8/8 on the board, more at 6 or 7. #5, is the most common one missing, with #6 and #7 as the other two mentioned... We're in good company.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks to the Rebus Puzzle... Damn! I searched several of the things that are in the IMDB keywords for this movie, but just a bit off... I searched mental institution, it has psychiatric hospital; I searched bandaged head, it has bandaged face; I searched military officer and sergeant and it has soldier. I also might not have gone back far enough clicking through the years even if I DID get one of the right tags... 1984 release date? I guess with the others in the list I should have looked that far back... I figured it wasn't exactly new, but NOT the year I graduated from freakin' HIGH SCHOOL! This puppy is ANCIENT!!! Wait... what did I just say... OUCH!

Oh, and I DIDN'T actually know it, so I don't feel so bad...

Anyway, Submitted!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:10 am

I've never even heard of that movie.

Return to “Nerd Babble”