2018 projects

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
poorpete
Trailer Trash

2018 projects

Postby poorpete » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:49 pm

My 2017 challenge, 365 albums in 365 days, meant as an enriching experience and way to avoid the news, was successful, introducing me and Phoebe to a slew of good stuff. Starting to think of what to do for 2018, what others might be interested in taking part in, or things just for me to do.

52 Albums from 2018 in 2018
Each week (starting the first friday) I/we will listen to an album that came out in 2018. The goal will be listening to an assortment of genres, available on Spotify, Amazon Music, or free elsewhere, and also hitting the big albums when they arrive (eg. 2017 would include 4:44, Melodrama, Rainbows, DAMN, and Reputation).

365 trivia rounds/games
Personally, a way to start assembling new games for Me Like Trivia, but also weekly games for the boards and elsewhere on the Internets.

365 poems and 365 more
Read 365 freely-available/classic poems, write 365 poems/songs

Other ideas
* Read 12 classic books
* Record and release 100 things (podcasts + music)
* Rerecord 12 of my old songs, record 12 new songs.
* Spend 365 hours exercising :-)

Thoughts/ideas?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2018 projects

Postby mimekiller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Are you going to exercise a hour a day or 7 hours one day a week? ;-)

heh those are super good goals so far the only ones I have are...

-Finally do something with the empty 25 gallon aquarium sitting in my closest. Perhaps convert it into a terrarium.

-Go to Wondercon 2018

-Post here at least once a day
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 am

The 365 hours of exercise is something I can get behind, or rather, something I should get to my behind. Or rather, my middle. The behind is fine, it's that damn middle. Occasionally I find internet diagnoses that make sense of the madness (you know, fibroids the size of grapefruit, a monstrous cavity of fluid requiring a salpingectomy, hidden miracle pregnancy), but I guess I'd rather believe I'm merely lumpy and harmed by bearing multiple large babies. They herniated large areas of muscle wall, which is a problem Pilates is supposed to solve. I'm not advanced enough in function to do Pilates; the 365 hours of exercise needs to come first. Pilates apparently involves doing splits on a giant ball and then gently rolling forward to do pushups with your butt in the air, on the ball, without faceplanting into the mat. No thank you. For that level of service to the world I need not only a nice dinner but probably an entire fancy house purchased in my name.

I have no other goals. Survive the year? I have some professional goals too: survive the year. I will take a private mental note of other professional goals here. Remember these goals, Phoebe. Now is the time.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Which one are you going with?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 am

Revisiting this I totally forgot about 365 hours of exersize. Dammit, that one is probably the best idea, but I keep forgetting it for some reason.

Probably the least necessary but my favorite idea for a 2018 project is listing every character in the Wompuniverse (as featured in the podcasts Womp it Up, Comedy Bang Bang, and a few others).

For the sake of the boards and the Nerd Pride Network, 365 trivia rounds seem to be must. Just to revive the podcast and have more games here.

I'm writing/recording 12 songs with a friend from Boston next year, so that's in stone.

Also, I was thinking instead of 52 new albums, I'd do 12 deep dives into artists. I'd like to listen to a bunch of Bonnie Raitt, Linda Rondstat, maybe Elton John, maybe finish up the rest of Aretha's albums...

Return to “Nerd Babble”