What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:53 pm

I shit you not I was chastised by some bitch for addressing a group of mixed gender people "hey guys". Fuck me we need a PLAGUE, we need a DRAFT, we need SOMETHING to traumatize a entire generations of cunts.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm

You say a lot of things, so maybe it evens out in the wash. However, for what it's worth, I get in trouble for this too, and I'm a crochety old feminist. Hey guys, I say in the totally gender-neutral language of my people, and other peoples not from my lands may not understand or like it. Well, don't come to my lands, then, if you can't handle the language of my people.

Well, things are rolling along and I'm here, with no Real problems. I have no problem. However, I am thinking of moving into my office for about 14 hours of the 24 in the day, for real. I don't really want to abandon my family, so I figure, I can show up and give them rides and homework help and stuff, and I want to shower in my own shower, but I don't really want to be Responsible for any of this any more. It's like, a mule rebellion. The mule gave up, chewed through its rope, and is going to live as an itinerant ascetic who shows up to help out its kids from time to time and take a good shower. Is this wrong? The mule is so tired.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 am

Still tired, still haven't run away from home. Husband has noticed his mule is grumpy but structural problems hard to fix even if you feel like trying suddenly. Like, you don't even know when or how to get some of the kids to school. I wonder what happens if I actually have to go on a business trip again someday or whatever. Or run away and hide under my office desk so I can live there secretly? How would they manage? On the other hand, they did give up on trying to get me to go out to dinner last night, so that was progress. It must not have been that important if my presence was the only thing required to make that time and money wasting nonsense happen.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:09 pm

if you are going to walk slow as fuck down a busy hallway make sure you are also walking three abreast so no one can go around you!!! i fucking hate old people!!!!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:25 pm

You have managed to make me feel better about myself because that's your problem du jour. Yes, why do people love to block spaces? Happens with cars driving in parallel down all lanes, hallways, every avenue of entrance to a big store, the school drop off lane, etc.

Speaking of which, one of the biggest problems with self-driving cars is that they won't be able to handle something like a school drop-off lane, which raises questions about their capacities and methods. On the other hand, if the vehicles all start communicating with one another in a fashion that makes the school drop-off lane navigable, we should make the driving of any other kind of vehicle prohibited in cities, towns.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't actually have any real problems worthy of note.
I do not have real problems, of which there are many, that many people experience, and I have none of them.
I know people who have real problems, some very close to me such that their problems become partially my problem, but still even so, no real problems even in that way. No problems. Meaningless non-problems only.
Also, people can try, but... I am non-hurtable. So, there it is. Sometimes you see the appearance of being hurt by things, but it quickly ebbs and flows like a wave and is vanished. Can't be hurt in that way, mentally. Non mentally hurt-able.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 pm

I popped a seam and it's killing my projection and there's nothing I can really do about it until January. Cross your fingers I can get it done some morning this week.

Possibly unrelatedly, don't have your wedding outside in December in Vail, Colorado.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

In the cello???!!!

:horrified:
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Struggling with some casting decisions that I think I will have resolved tomorrow, it suddenly dawns on me that I need to check date for some paperwork. This paperwork, which I thought was due next week, may actually be due tomorrow - but I haven't been able to get a clear answer on that. As I am working towards that, I complete my normal work day, though I'm not feeling emotionally great about myself because of the date snafu. I complete a task that I was supposed to have parent help on by myself. While doing so, I make a phone call about a casting decision and am feeling reassured with my decision. And then I spend a two hour conversation with a very well-meaning parent which makes me realize that there are all multiple parents out there that are not happy with my teaching style, but have never addressed it to me. This also brings up some negative aspects to the end of my teaching year last year, and the entire time I am talking with this parent, I'm feeling like I'm super on the defensive. No one speaks to me about these problems, and I'm now in a state of (a) paranoia, where I'm expecting my administration to suddenly surprise me with a negative evaluation out of nowhere; (b) an impotent rage against some of the factors that make my job difficult; and (c) a deep depression in which I recognize that if I was just a little bit better - which I could be if I applied myself and gave of myself a little bit more - that I could be seen as at the very least satisfactory in the eyes of others.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:01 am

So correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that took this team to national academic decathlon, and manages to juggle both in-school music and all the extra special events and performances as well? And we should be so happy to have a person of this dedication level teaching our kids?
You are never going to make everyone happy with your teaching style, or maybe even most. Are the students learning and progressing, and are you enacting the values you consider most important in your daily interactions with them? At some point if the answer is yes, you have to do what you do and not worry about the critics. This is not to say you shouldn't listen to feedback and adjust in response to criticism, but it's an adjustment, not a self-trashing.
On the other hand, take the above with a grain of salt, because my assessment of "fellow parents" is at present based solely on the experiences of "school drop-off and pick-up lanes in wintry weather", and I'm pretty sure 75% of the parents are total maniacs with no regard for human life or social order.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:10 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:37 pm

I need to get throughly drunk but also need to get up very early tomorrow and do an hour long workout. Conflicts, dilemmas.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm

I have decided to postpone the drinking until another time, and instead will have morose thoughts about the meaning of existence.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Was eating lunch and a pregnant woman walked in and sat down at another table so i lost my appetite
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:30 pm

To be fair, she regretted her pregnancy after seeing you.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:01 pm

The thing on my back appears to have stopped draining?
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:59 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:05 pm

A fake friend recently attacked me on a public forum! getting steamed over here!
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Return to “Nerd Babble”