What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What's YOUR problem?

Postby Ronster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 am

Just making a little place to whine or gripe...I am sure my issues are nothing in comparison to other peoples', but it makes me feel better to vent.

Our new work area has us near an outside door as in there's no foyer. That means every time the door opens 20 feet from me I get a nice 40 degree draft as well as second hand smoke because the smoking area is outside the door(actually 25 feet from the door but they have moved the smokers' bench). We also have a balance machine for rotor parts (internal engine components) which whistles at an unbearable level about 5-10 times per day.

So now I sit doing my work wearing a coat but having frozen fingers with ears ringing as I enjoy the equivalent of my 3rd cigarette of the day.

At least I have my sight :provoke: and taste :raspberry: left un-assaulted. :?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby Iantha » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 pm

One of my letter writers for a large scholarship didn't write it in time, so now I have to postpone starting at the new university by a semester.

I'm being tested for ADHD.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 pm

My normal week long southern CA December vacation has been canceled PURELY because my boss is a necrotic mess and dealing with some serious depression. Asshole should just kill himself so I can get a boss that can function properly.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

I can't really get into any of my real problems so I'll just tell you about the small one: my bath bomb disappeared. The special bath bomb that I bought so that on the weekend I could have a wonderful relaxing bath and purge le stress? It has vanished completely. Either the dog ate it down, which is a possibility, or somebody accidentally knocked it into the trash, or some kid took it somewhere, or I hid it from myself accidentally and I'm too tired to remember where I put it. Anyway I want my damn bath bomb back.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Agreed. No point living in some kind of sweaty inferno. Out of curiosity, what sort of grad program is it? Or maybe it's a matter of switching universities, but to a particular program/major?
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Well it sounds really awesome overall, if they would just go ahead and give you your monies!!!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Two students who had a reasonable chance of getting into an honors ensemble completely blew me off and didn't show up to the audition.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Structural life problems.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:17 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Serious Paul
Puppet Accout

Postby Serious Paul » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm trying to train my gang investigation team with limited resources, almost no funding and a general malaise after the previous team leader basically didn't do anything for almost four years. I'd be frustrated if I was doing it all alone, and wasn't getting paid for it, and doing it all on my own time. :suspect:
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:22 pm

The toys. They're everywhere. I can't walk through my house. No idea on how Mrs. Darcs will make it through with crutches. I am seriously close to just throwing them all out, but I'm not allowed to do that. As it stands we have no room for a tree. (Not that I really have the cash to get one right now anyway.)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:38 pm

There is a solution here that involves an enormous hollow tree-shaped object...
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:31 am

had a chance to fuck a married chick in my complex but chose against it not because of ethics but I don't want her husband finding out and fucking up my car or something
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Well, I'm glad you accidentally stumbled down the right road. Ethics may be an unpleasant road to travel but at least it takes you better places, one hopes.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Speaking of the unpleasant road of ethics, would it be too much to ask that professional women who are attempting, presumably, only to interact with my husband as professional women, not refer to themselves as "girls" in the context of giving him small holiday presents? I mean for real, I bust out laughing at the very idea of myself handing over small presents to the alpha males of my professional world and referring to myself as a girl in the process. LOL I guess they did me a favor in that small way, the gift of laughter.

Return to “Nerd Babble”