My Computer Gets Me

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Computer Gets Me

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:50 pm

I needed to check a reference in A Cask of Amontillado. I go to google and type 'a cask' and it autocompletes Amontillado. Good Computer.

Are there times when your technology understands the kind of person you are?
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: My Computer Gets Me

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

My computer used to get me and now...

I'm angry at my Google assistant man. He is so stupid, he never knows what song it is ("something went wrong" or he can't identify), he can't speak plain English, he always takes the idiot or cussword option instead of the four-syllable word option. I like that he offers occasional random Spanish words in my VTT but otherwise I'm pretty sure his whole facade is just a mask for some clever intellect residing within who enjoys toying with me. Sometimes help appears when you truly want it to, like your Cask example, which is cool. I get really pissed off when I'm having conversations - not written, not VTT, not email, but verbal convos - about something and then get ads or suggestions related thereto on the phone afterward. This is x10 when the subject is someone's illness or death. But then, that too could be the manifestation of another mind's grapplings with the eternal existential angst. Or coincidence. Which is which, no one can say.

:suspect:
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:40 am

I don't want my computer listening to me. I really don't want it talking to me ever.

When they do start talking to me, I am headed to the woods to raise bees and goats.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:17 am

Want my computer
Listening to me, I really
Don't want it talking

Start talking to me,
I am headed to the woods
to raise bees and goats.

Caz you are speaking in haiku poetry - is it deliberate or just your natural way???

Return to “Nerd Babble”