Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Feeling a little distressed by this - there's a potato and a lot is happening, pretty upsetting.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm

I miss the days of good songs from these two! I don't usually like Gwen Stefani's music but when other people put her on a track she sounds great! Huh.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 am

Pre-gaming watching Beyonce's "Black is King" tonight by listening to "The Gift." "Mood 4 Eva" immediately hooks me. It helps to have samples a 30-year-old classic song by Malian singer Oumou Sangare (takes me to listening to her on repeat back in 2018) and she's listed as a featured artist (among Jay-Z and Childish Gambino). For a sample. That's a rarity, the other notable sample-is-feature I can think of is Janet Jackson's "Got til it's Gone" which features Joni Mitchell even though it was her voice from 27 years earlier. I think it's no coincidence these are two popular women raising up two classic women. Anyways this song kicks.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:41 pm

LOVE IT!!! She is a "whole food" like tofu. Me, like donut hole. Heh. I need to hear the whole album, distracted by other things!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm

One radio station in our town plays this every 15 minutes and I take full advantage when I'm driving. Is this on that new Beyoncé album or is it just a bonus remix for the radio? I just need to get the album and find out.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:08 pm

This video has some minor issues (ads, mainly) but the content is too ENORMOUS to be constrained by some dumb intrusions at weird moments. The first three - four minutes are skippable because, honestly, not so good. Everyone is kind of off. If you skip over to 5 minutes in, that's where things start to pick up in intensity and then the drum solo portion launches. After Maynard slithers offstage you start to wonder, is this actually some type of sexual event we are having, but mediated through a drum kit? Maybe that seems like a weird question - after all, he's not really our type, right? He's so tall, such unusual arm muscles due to all the drumming and such - is this really what we like? Meaningless doubts - after a mere nine minutes it turns out we are in fact having a sexual experience and it's not like I set out to objectify this poor man, but I'm not sure how a person can watch this WITHOUT having an actual sexual experience. At about 10:40 ish he makes a terrific grimace and then grins and this is in fact exactly what you would hope your partner looks like after (hey, during, we are not done here yet) the sexual encounter. I don't know what to say, this man is amazing. The talent is unbelievable, but it's like you're watching someone in a state of perfect "flow" so intense that you can't help but share the experience (i.e. the flow state people talk about when a person's creative capacities and powers are being stretched and exercised out on the boundary and it's a completely immersed and joyful experience). Thank you, a lot was accomplished in one simple video. Appreciate it. Not sure how I feel about his weird Satanist thing going on there still, but if that's what gets the job done, who am I to question where he's getting his powers as long as my own come from some other source?

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Love this song so much. It's a fitting end to the day, where in order to get re-centered I had to get my hands in the dirt and get my nose into some books, and now even though things are not magically better, at least I know what I'm doing. This song has always been that kind of reminder at hard moments of life.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 am

I was listening to something yesterday and wanted to post it here, but got 3 hours of sleep and am generally in the pit again, so I can't even remember what it was. It's one of those days where we have to force ourself to function, no matter what. I wish I could remember the song, because music is so often what keeps me putting one foot in front of the other. Anyway, I woke up with a Britney Spears song in my head which is an unnecessary act of cruelty from the brain to itself. Undeserved, frankly. So to counter it I make it listen to this delight:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Re: too hot
Woke, showered, worked outside, perished in flame, lost all waters of the body, showered again, sat down to contemplate the marvels of heatstroke, passed out in cold and damp delirium, awoke in state of total dehydration. So, yes. It is too hot!
However, as I laid there swirling with nausea under the ceiling fan, at least something soothing was available.

Oooohh I used to sing this one with my friend when we were about twelve - I always had to be Frida due to our hair colors, but that was ok. Of all the various ABBA hits I don't usually listen to this one but for some reason it is very soothing today.

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:53 am

I probably don't give this album the love it deserves it. I'm listening to it now for the first time in a while, and this is a terrific song.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm

I see you listening to some old favorites there, yes, very good! Today I have had this old favorite in my mind as well! I have been doing so much digging and planting bulbs, so much bundling of sticks and branches. It keeps me relaxed to do this type of work. The kitchen looks like a tornado came through. I don't want to fix it but maybe if I have the nice soothing musics like this it will be fine.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:21 am

I have never encountered this marvelous creation before, or maybe I did and somehow forgot that I did? Anyway, it's hilarious but also nice:

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:16 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:16 am

I know, I know, I probably posted this here before, but it was on the other day in the car and I'm reminded of how much I like it/her. She's very relaxing to listen to.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:41 am

I wanted to feel good.
I watched this.
It worked.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 am

Woke up with this in my head! I'm not objecting. Good work, brains.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Beyonce keeps rolling along, one after another:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:09 am

I am obsessed with this new song! Love it. Hey, I also blame Ronster for exposing us to so much BTS because I discovered, without trying, without wanting to try, I have developed a favorite BTS person. I guess this is like, you are part of an army of supporters? I am too embarrassed to ask my kids about this; if I catch my oldest at a weak moment I might inquire as to what this all means. Anyway, thanks to the new "Dynamite" video that my phone saw fit to warn me about just now, in which this one appears in a green suit of sorts with just the pants and vest, bright green, it turns out that the best BTS one i like is named V. Just that - V. What the heck? V. And just like that as if a strange sign from the heavens, an unknown type of bug appeared on my arm and I smashed it, but instead of evaporating/falling off like they usually do, it smeaaaaaaared across my arm. Maybe this is the punishment for mocking the BTS armeeees? Oh my, get it? ARM-y. The bug, smeared on the... ARM. Hmmmmm. This is getting creepy. Let's get to the good song quickly:

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 am

In a fit of non-KPOPiness I bring to you some of the wildest drumming I have ever seen.

much percussion...very cymbal

just watch the drummer...it just keeps getting better ...I beg you to at least check out these time stamps:

1:10
2:17

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:34 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”