Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm

We need to divert you off this K-pop stuff, lotta sinister material there! Here is an antidote, from a wonderful musician who just passed away:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm

I heard twenty one pilots heathens at a weak moment while driving, and now it's stuck in my head on a loop. I hadn't heard it for a really long time, I think that's why, and I was in highway traffic and couldn't touch the radio so listened to the whole thing play. I'm not particularly upset about it because I've had Thine be the Glory stuck in my head for a few days prior, and thine be the glory is about the only lyric I can remember, so I just keep singing it over and over again whilst caramelizing onions or washing dishes. Ehhhh.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:59 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:21 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm

I was listening to a disco workout playlist when this perennial favorite appeared, after which I kept it on loop. So good, oh Donna, you are missed and loved. It's such a joyful song, full of hope, and I don't know how to trace out all the causes and effects but it's early afternoon and I have managed to clean the whole darn house, so at least something's going right! I thank Donna for it, rather than any good habits on my part.

It's also fun how the words to songs take on a new meaning over time - like thanks to my family and husband I have a terribly pleasant obsession called Animal Crossing to fight off these days, and in that game all your worries about lost recipes vanish because you never forget the recipes! You just keep building them over and over and over again so you can have more bells and a fancier house and more gifts to give to your little animal buddies and your darling kids. If you leave a cake out in the rain, it will probably be retrievable in the lost and found box the very next day, and even the green icing thing makes sense now because I can customize half the objects I build with beautiful green paint. I live in a world of bamboo and green furnishings, people, and floral pathways everywhere among trees, and it's a very pleasant world. Who is to say that it's not a "real" world if I'm experiencing it this vividly?! Of course it's real, and all the better because I made it the way I like it. Unfortunately my child has already named our shared island so I can't call it MacArthur Park, but I think that would be kind of awesome.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Still on the disco thing for some reason. I think it's a housework thing, where whatever encourages mopping is very desirable!

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:42 pm

I really have not been a big Billie Eilish fan; I have not been a fan at all, much less a big one! This particular song finally crept in and got me a little:

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:53 am

"Fetch the Bolt Cutters" has received an amazing amount of praise, and I'm slowly getting obsessed with it, or at least, this one... it's soooo good.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:25 pm

When I occasionally have to take a trip out in the car, I keep hearing this song, so now it's in my head. Except for THE best line (below), it's mostly nonsense talk and annoys me if I think about it as philosophy, but whatevs, I can laugh about it.

I am a terrible singer, truly, I cannot sing in tune to save my soul and I sound awful, but when I'm alone I sing with the radio anyway and perhaps the sole exception to my s***** singing is my completely balls-out, hundred decibel version of "each of us, a cell of awareness, imperfect and incomplete":

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat May 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Man brought flamboyance to Rock n roll. Tutti Frutti was one of my childhood faves but check out this whole album which is all killer no filler. RIP... It up!

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 am

OMG it was like, you wrote a poem there! I hear you. I don't have a song to recommend but yes to all of this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 pm

I have been delving into the Curtis Mayfield lately and I think it's because my head hurts and I find this takes away headaches. You could lay down for a nap and drift off like that, about 70% of his songs. This is not to say they're boring, just soothing! He's like eating coffee ice cream in a warm bath of lavender Epsom salts. TMI? Well, it's accurate.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm

I lay down in my bed for what was supposed to be like 5 minutes before I roasted some vegetables for supper. Now it's hours later, the wrinkly side of the pillowcase is printed onto my face, and I have no idea what planet I'm on. We are still in the wrong timeline, an unfortunate fact that often jars when I wake up nowadays. More jarring still is the fact that many people came in here and tried to wake me up as I slept like a stone, and the only reason I finally did wake up is because this soundtrack started playing in an extremely loud and vivid form during the dream. I blame this on spending too much brain energy pondering the gap between mythological masculinity and real-life examples of good men. (Obviously the True Ideal of masculinity is depicted in the song - seriously I kind of like the part from 2:28 onward and always have). In my dream not only did this song play loudly and crisply, but I sang along, people! I sang in my dream! The effort woke me. Nobody but the dog knows whether that happened in real life, and I'm glad nobody knows.

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue May 26, 2020 10:41 am

Damn the guys were great. And unique--no one sounds like the Minutemen.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 am

I've listened to a lot of Little Richard in the last few weeks, for obvious reasons, but I've listened to Louis Jordan more. Hear the scream of "Caledon-YA!" and the speed and boogie beat and the hints of sex and imagine a little Little Richard's little mind being blown.

Richard's first known live performance he sang "Caldonia" and his first big gig was opening for Sister Rosetta. What destiny. And what absurdity that Louis Jordan was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and Sister Rosetta Tharpe inducted in... 2017.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 pm

We are listening to spies music from fortnite and it's actually quite soothing. Yeah I don't know why I'm letting my kid play fortnite either, but he's kicking everybody's ass.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:22 am

The opening lines--"U.S. forces give the nod/It's a setback for your country" have a different meaning when the president is threatening to send the military after demonstrators.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm

I know you've seen it. Watch it again today. This is America.

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:58 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 am

Return to “Nerd Babble”