2019 projects

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
poorpete
Trailer Trash

2019 projects

Postby poorpete » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:29 am

I've been doing yearly projects to keep my sanity in the recent political era. In 2017 I listened to 365 albums, in 2018 I repeatedly listened to and reranked the NPR 150 Greatest Albums by Women list (after totally failing at my first goal, to exercise 365 hours). I got two 2019 projects planned, one that was an idea I had for last year that I never did.

Next year I'm hoping to get some people up to listening to 10 to 15 songs a week and rank them, using NPR's 200 Songs by 21st Century Women+. Something like (or exactly) this:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

My other idea is based on my love of the podcast Womp it Up! I want to relisten to every episode and build out a wiki about the Womp-universe. For now, I only created an episode guide.
https://womp-it-up.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Appearances

Thoughts on them? Anyone want in on my NPR project?

Anyone planning any special projects for 2019?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2019 projects

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:59 am

my new years resolution is 1080p
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:27 am

So glad you bumped this because I'm in! Ready! Where do we start?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:31 am

Reflecting upon the 2017 project... I was really sure and determined I was going to finish it. But did not. So that was interesting because it led - along with listening to a LOT of albums I was curious about - to making some life changes in 2018 to deal with the unhappy fact that I had so much difficulty creating life conditions where I could listen to music without constant every few minutes interruption that made new album appreciation/critique impossible.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:57 am

Woo! I'm thinking about moving out the song thing for another week or two. It should take 40 weeks, (20 polls every two weeks) so there's there will be an extra 12 weeks to make sure this gets done :-)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:35 am

Well I see you have made it very easy for us! All we have to do is pop in your playlist and go! If you need help coming up with those and getting the later ones ready - let me know.

Return to “Nerd Babble”