[Group Fiction] Discussion Thread

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Group Fiction] Discussion Thread

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Feel free to have whatever discussions, plotting, etc. you want about the Group Fiction: City Under Siege thread.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [Group Fiction] Discussion Thread

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:32 pm

So let's talk a bit to flesh some stuff out. I'm not sure what to do with some of these elements and I'd like to kind of round some things out with people.

First- I soooo, wanted to change some of the rolls I made. Lost Technology and Lost Tribe? Ugh. Restless Actor? Jeez. But we take what we take and there's some cool stuff. When I rolled City Under Siege I almost peed myself. And a character that's- Honest Anthropomorphized Object? Amazeballs. So we take the good with the bad and incorporate in what we can.

Second- Let's talk about this tech level. Lost Tech means we've rediscovered ancient technology that does things we can't. But the current tech rolled up as Contemporary (easy enough) and Solar Energy (whaaaa?). So what are peoples thoughts on this tech sitch? What do we want to do about it?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Mind if I make my own character? for some reason I read the details about the world and the first thing that came to my mind was "beleaguered priest/religious figure"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:38 pm

What if the lost tribe is on Mars, as well as the lost technology. Except it was lost to the tribe, not to humans. They are an alien race marooned on Mars by choice, as their own race discovered a means of energy that can feed their homeworld but it involved the death of a star to obtain it. Their people now live as viruses, roving out to claim another system's star to fuel their own ever mounting energy needs.

Also, actor doesn't need to mean artistic. It could be someone who is a double agent... And they're getting antsy.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:24 pm

I find my brain going in several directions...

Firstly I think we need to make a call on setting/theme
Fantasy, sci-fi, science fantasy, contemporary spy, post apocalyptic? Or some combination?
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:26 pm

On an unrelated note - hey cool avatar luck, seems I'm the one getting it on! :cheers:
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:

Return to “Nerd Babble”