MLK

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MLK

Postby akiva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 am

I was listening to King's speech where he says that "A riot is the language of the unheard." I'm about halfway through, and he's already used the words "ontological" and "monistic." It's nice to hear someone who knows big words and isn't afraid to say them.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: MLK

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Cheers! Do you have by any chance a handy link to it online? Finding a link is on my to-do list.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Hard to get MLK audio as his family owns the right to all his speeches, even if many were made in public. It's an understandable exception to the rule, just like how Peter Pan is owned by a children's hospital even though it'd be way past public domain by now. Making sure his words benefit his family and his family's causes make sense.

Most online audio of MLK is technically stolen. When I worked at History, one of my goals was to get use of the I Have a Dream Speech. Almost happened. Kinda understandable too that they said no.

Less understandable that they didn't give the rights to his Selma speech for the film Selma, which is a work of empathetic art. I kinda hope they filmed his actual speech anyways, so if in the future his family changes their mind, they can just swap the footage.

Return to “Nerd Babble”