This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby akiva » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Yeah, I don't know how to fight any of it. It's just there, implacable and painful.

And only a couple of decades?! Sign me up!
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 am

:banana:
OK... you start by getting yourself a really big bottle of Lysol and a small spray bottle, and it just gets better from there.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Finally back at work.
We are all competing to see if we can get 40 hours per week.
I had hoped this would be back to "normal" by the time I got back. The realities of a 30K pay cut are unpleasant.
Now we can be forced to go on out of town work without overtime. They just give us comp time...which we cannot use to make a 40 hr week and if we do take a day off we are not allowed to work extra days to make 40 hrs.

But hey, you good people are here and I am glad for that!
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:01 am

Ehhh that stinks! It's frustrating to see how some companies are bending over backwards to make accommodations for their workforce during this difficult time, and others are like, well, sucks for you that you have to accept worse terms now. :(
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:59 am

I was trying to verify how much bats really eat and found an article discussing the flaws of some studies. I found this beautiful quote:

"If you locked a person in a room with nothing but lima beans in front of them, that person might eat a lot of them. It doesn't mean they would keep doing it once they're outside the lab."

from here:
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:02 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:52 am

Today we're supposed to be doing tech trainings from the IT people in my school. Tomorrow and Wednesday we're supposed to do system-wide trainings. All of this is supposed to be done through Zoom. But Zoom isn't working, and the IT person said it's because the county hasn't yet paid for enough Zoom accounts.

What a cluster fuck.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:17 am

Once more into the breach . . .
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 am

Enjoy!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:12 pm

I survived.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:31 am

My youngest child is now a licensed driver. My car is now essentially his car, which isn't too bad because I work from home and wasn't driving it much anyways. And compared to the Ford Pinto I had to drive when I first got my license, him having to drive a 10-year old Lincoln MKZ hybrid is spoiled. But it's hard to believe that the last of my children has now passed another major milestone towards leaving the nest.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 pm

:banana:
Hooray, it is actually a big deal! and I'm totally jealous of the car and you can feel free to give it to me if the kid doesn't want it.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm

My transgender son's legal name change has been approved. He is now requesting that Washington State update his gender on his birth certificate. In addition, he has been accepted at Auckland University of Technology to study clinical psychology. He'll start with their fall semester, which is spring for us, which starts at the end of February/beginning of March. That is, if he is able to travel there during the pandemic. Right now, New Zealand is not allowing anyone to enter the country. If he is unable to get into the country, he can defer his start date to a later semester.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Awesome! :banana: Also can he take me to New Zealand? I can ride in a crate or something.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:35 pm

My students' first big project was due today. And less than half of them submitted work. Of those, a sizeable number plagiarized.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”