This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby akiva » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:22 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:54 am

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:24 am

Pretty sure his main point was related to the backseat, but we cannot discount the importance of a late meta-level reference.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:21 pm

AC/DC is good for everybody - mostly the older stuff.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Money Talks is my favorite. And TNT. And Dirty Deeds. And... it just goes on.

I'm laying here moping around feeling like crap and Jim who should be sleeping comes in, age Four, to announce tearfully that he didn't want his pets to die, and for that matter doesn't understand why anyone has to die, and doesn't want anyone to. There is no new episode of Alone either. My powers have suddenly vanished.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:18 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am

So true, so true. And Let There Be Rock. I also really like Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. My head is now populated with AC/DC songs for the whole AM and this pleases me.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 am

Night time reasonings:
I smell natural gas and have been smelling it in here for days.
It is worse today.
But not so bad that flinging windows open cannot dissipate.
This has happened before.
I have ocd fears of gas leaking.
But every time I called the gas co, even on the faintest suspicions, I have been correct.
But the leaks have been very small. Nothing dangerous. So can this wait until morning?
I could call the gas co.
But they will send a guy unknown to me in the wee hours. He will march all over house. Scary prospect. Some gas sniffing guys were great; others were not people I want here in wee hours.
I could just turn off all AC, which I suspect as problem source anyway. Open all windows.
Many windows lack screens.
But enough have them to remove gas smell.
Should I pack up all kids and travel to grandparents? Seems extreme solution when past similar gas leaks were not anything urgent.
But reason says, all gas leaks = very bad.
Are you more scared of gas or weird utility company dude? If not willing to move all kids to grandparents, you must not be THAT disturbed by it. But should you be?
At least 2x per week someone tells me how OCD they are about ----- whatever. Nope. You're no; plus, be glad or you too could spend many a sleepless hour on this fun topic..
Do i feel slightly nauseous? Headache? Gas leak or stress?
Except: my nose has never been wrong yet.
Have smelled this faintly for a week now, though, how bad could it be to wait five hours more?
If veeeeey sleeeeeeepy niw, is that normal or succumbing to carbon monoxide fumes?
Headache.
Having to sleep with unlocked windows : No way! Yet one must.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:03 am

You poor dear lady. Nobody should ought to go through that.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 am

Thanks, we appear to have survived the night with Windows open. Now when I shut them and put on A/C the gas smell will start again, and we can call the guy. Whew!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:51 am

Vindication: I did have a gas leak, and it would not have merited hauling everyone out at 2 am. But new problem: how to fix gas leak. And then: how to trust nose accuracy without permitting ocd brain to congratulate itself on being right and then get uppity .
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 am

I did my usual wee hours roundup to make sure all were okay and couldn't find Jim. This is always a lot of fun in the wee hours. Empty bed. It turned out he is sleeping fully Under his bed, wrapped in the blanket like a burrito.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:40 pm

I have achieved an insight. It's really tldr. The gist is, I have had such a positive relationship with my parents and my parents are such amazingly awesome people that in a sense it has spoiled me for other kinds of human relationships.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 am

A hotel room. One AM. One bedbug. Pretty damn sure it was a bedbug. One photo of the dead bedbug. Five people. Seven pieces of luggage or backpack. Four hours sleep. Everyone else slept eight hours while I watched them with the flashlight and then gave up when no other bugs could be found. However, cannot see behind head of bed/headboard area. Soooo... would you stay another night? There is almost certainly not another open room. Would you go home and just throw everything in a hot dryer or hot plastic trash bag and call it good? Is that the prescription of Reason in this situation?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:48 pm

Dry ice is good for killing all manner of pests.

Good luck Lady.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:38 am

Thank you. It turns out that you can easily heat all the stuff you bring home, whether in the dryer or a trash bag, so it's not so bad. The fact that I am totally blasé about this is a testimony to the power of ERP.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:58 pm

FOUND after a multi-year absence: the CDs for both Sim City 2000 and Caesar III. It was nice knowing you all.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:41 am

So Eli, it looks like my friend might be at that concert you mentioned. He's been posting on Facebook the past few days. They're the Perfect Harmony Men's Chorus of Madison, Wisconsin, and they are performing at the GALA Festival 2016 in Denver, Colorado. So if that's where you're playing, he's there.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Babble”