Dream Journal

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Here I am among many renowned experts! But why? It seems I too am expected to give a speech. I shall call it up here on my laptop. Surely it is in my email. Perhaps an old email? Surely not this ... old attachment from 2005? I can't believe I'm here to give a fourteen year old speech - what if it's stupid, out of date? I can't even recall what it says. Surely I have rewritten it by now? No... Oh... My Lord, this is the keynote address. Right here, right now, to this room of expertise-laden strangers waiting for me to begin. The mic is... on. (Clearing throat, frantically clicking the mouse in sheer terror... ) Wakes up coughing and clawing at the pillow.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:14 pm

A few days ago I had one of the weirdest dreams ever. 100% vivid and realistic to the point of total confusion upon waking. I was in the large, wood-panelled ballroom of a place where I used to live, talking to a young newly-hired person who was my "mentee" at work (in dream, not in real life - nothing like this going on). I had a phonograph horn that was extended to the size of a very long, large human leg - it was something like a bassoon but much wider and metal. Like the tin man's leg in the wizard of Oz. I was wielding it like a baseball bat, there in the ballroom, and explaining to my mentee that it was my weapon against Immanuel Kant. W. T. F.? Who knew a metal weapon was needed for this? If you've ever seen those martial arts sword form routines, it was like that, but with a giant metal phonograph horn, and more swinging of it like a baseball bat. This went on and on and was deeply serious work.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:04 pm

True Story:
I had the worst dream in all my life, and that's saying something. Now that I have my Bi-Pap machine I actually get REM sleep and dream which is something new for me.

I woke up cold and in pain. The fear was so real that the pain and chill merely punctuated it.
I was at my old home-place, but not as it is today and different than it was back then. Grown into the large trunk of a 100+ year old oak tree was a partial brick wall of red brick. It was more than part of a wall, it had a large mantle as part of it. I could not reach the top so I climbed onto something to get a better look. There on the very top of the wall was a figurine like a household goddess only with no hands and a very Medusa like appearance, sans snakey-hair and on the mantle itself was a small glazed earthenware bowl. The idol gave me the creeps to look upon it. I could just make out the top of the bowl enough to see that there was something in it. I stuck my fingers into it to feel around and felt a thick wet liquid. I got on my tip-toes and was able to see thick crimson blood and two claw-like scaly hand that were a match for the statue. I recoiled in horror as I had a vision of the actual goddess cursing me and reaching for me. She was absolutely beautiful in the most deadly way with greenish scaled dress that matched her green skin and the black empty eyes that the possessed have in all the sci-fi movies.The cold was so deep and bone-chilling. I fell back away from her and the next thing I knew I was standing in our living room from back in the late 90s telling my wife...or trying to. I.could.not.speak. Then as I gestured frantically I saw that evil thing at the door. It was a full length glass door, but she could not come in for some reason. All I could do was open my mout but nothing came out. I was screaming nothing and panicking, but my wife would not look at the door where I was pointing. She was trying to understand me, but could not make anything out. At this time the pain finally was so bad that it eclipsed the cold and I was awakened to real pain and cold that at 3 in the morning drove me to vomit.

I called in the next morning. I think it was food poisoning. I HOPE it was food poisoning. I swear I will die in my sleep if I dream this again.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I hope that doesn't happen again. I was just making cookies and ran out of eggs and wondered if I could borrow one. The lighting must have been weird because my skin isn't normally so greenish. If it happens again just try tossing her an egg?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Have been talking in my sleep every night. Had very "obvious dream" that my parents and I were at a picnic in a remote and lovely campsite, when a large and angry dog showed up. My parents got up on top of the table and it became clear that the dog could not get them as long as they stayed on top of the table. But I couldn't get to either the dog or the table, and I was trying to tell them the whole time to stay on the goddamn table, but they needed help up there and I wasn't able to crawl up and give the help. I guess the brains rehearse and work out their issues.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:46 am

Had a weird dream this morning. It was mixed first person and third person and jumped around some in time. I/she was being trained to be an onion. They worked underground and controlled society. I/she was led to an underground bunker shaped like the inside of an onion, maybe 20' across. Each onion had their own and stayed there most of the time, even sleeping there. There was a chute and onions came down it. Messages were written on the onion skin - you kept unrolling it like a scroll, sometimes down into the white. I asked how they printed on parts of an onion is such fine print, including parts not on the outside. My trainer shrugged like is was life's greatest mystery. The job was to read the onion messages, then send messages (not on onions) and items down other chutes.

At the end, my trainer conspiratorially whispered that he was working to buck the system, occasionally not following messages exactly. He said that I should follow the onions exactly for the first year, even when they didn't make sense. He thought that the nonsensical parts where a test by the unknown onion makers. After that, I could start tweaking things to my taste. I told him that my brother was an onion and already did that. He asked who my brother was. I/she said that my brother was known as the "Bad Onion." My trainer's eyes got huge and he ran away.

I/she started doing the job. The onion messages were totally stupid. She thought that the powers chose people with no talent or imagination to be onions so they'd obey, sending out stupid tasks to keep people too busy to question things. She got up and left her own onion to see the underground network and found chutes. She started throwing some out or ripping off parts of the messages.

(Then somebody yelled that they thought someone was at the door and I woke up.)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:23 am

This is absolutely hilarious! The messages written on it, the year required to dupe the bosses into thinking you're reliable, the effort to subvert the messages - it's basically a Kafka story.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 06, 2020 8:05 am

Creepy nightmare:
For complex reasons, including mistaken identity, I was sent to DC to work on a specific event. Unbeknownst to anyone, tptb had chosen this occasion to go "fully fash" in the open, as it were, announcing a delay in elections and a bunch of other police state measures, and I had been chosen for reasons unknown by the staff of (he who shall not be named here because I'm not recovered yet) to prepare a detailed and laudatory account of it as well as a justification of the whole endeavor.
(Lots about this in the dream, working with a team on this project... It was terrifying and terrible but hard to explain details.)
My experience in sycophanty and fear for the lives of my (threatened) family caused me to be compelled to continue the work, yet I had to somehow extract myself without doing any of it! We were put up at the "branded" hotel there. My husband was allowed to come stay in another room, but I suspected this was only to make the threat more realistic. We were trying to confer in coded language about how I could be sent home. Yet the more successfully I made it through the experience without angering anyone or raising suspicions, the longer I was forced to remain. Like a slow quicksand. My daughter woke me up THANK YOU.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 pm

OMG I took a nap briefly earlier and had a terrible, terribly realistic nightmare about this very website! You all were trying to talk about the pandemic and I for some reason had adopted the view that it was a hoax and was somehow compelled to make arguments for the whole maga mentality. I was very upset with myself as this was happening and yet it seemed like the natural and proper thing to do at the time. All of you thought I was crazy - I mean worse than normal, let's say. I could feel the headache pounding behind my eyes even though I was asleep. What woke me up is that Mike was complaining about my oldest kid still being asleep and taking a nap at the same time as me, and he was like how is she going to wake up if you can't even wake up from your own naps? So then I woke up and was relieved, I had not taken utter leave of my senses.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Even in dreams, Mike is there to help.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 am

I usually don't remember my dreams. But I did last night. I hate when I dream about things I don't want to think about.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:54 pm

Help, the voice of reason actor (Mike, see above) has been absent from the dream worlds lately, but fully present within it has been human baby #4. This is not cool, y'all. Is this a heretofore unreported state of pre-menopause, where the body has that last urge to make babies much like other midlife people still lust for a motorcycle or small aircraft to self-pilot? I keep having dreams where I explain to myself that I am obviously perfectly capable still of having a baby, which is true, and then I dream that I'm pregnant. Oy vey.

Better explanation: working at home for a long time makes it seem like it would be feasible to get through those difficult first months of nursing.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Have moved on, thankfully, to dreams of other things I fruitlessly wish for that do not include human babies!!! Other animal babies, yes. Indeed I dreamed of going to the zoo, something I would not have thought I missed doing. Dreamed of camping, going to a gym to work out with my friend, dreamed I had successfully transplanted several shrubs that, alas, remain where they are.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am

I had the craziest but most vivid dream that I was staying at some sort of Marriott or other similar hotel, and it was one of the resort type hotels that has decks on about the second or third floor. I was out on the deck in the morning, looking over the balcony (how unlike me!) When I saw a piece of burning paper floating up near the edge of the balcony. It kind of stuck on to the side for a moment and I held my breath hoping that nothing else caught fire, but luckily it blew away.

Until... it stuck to another balcony edge on the other side, burnt some dry plaster that was there, and then quickly started to spread along the whole balcony edge and around the first window of guest rooms. As I saw these flames go up I ran back to my own hotel room. I woke up my husband, who is moving pretty slowly and trying to comprehend what I was saying, while I threw all our stuff into suitcases.

In a few moments the fire alarms were going off and we were out the door. Apparently we had not driven ourselves there so we had no ride. A man appeared - he is a fairly famous-in-his-genre British horse racing commentator. I can't explain this either, but there he was. He offered us a ride away in his plane.

This was great at first, but it turned out to be a setup. He was trying to steal the things we had in our luggage. It was never clear to me exactly what the things in our luggage were, but they were some sort of archaeological artifact. We were bringing them someplace official and he was some sort of archaeological looter. Apparently worries about archaeological looting loom large in my mind when I'm stressed.

We were able to seize control of the plane and land it, overpower this elderly gentleman and his much burlier assistant, and turn them over to the authorities. We arrived at a new hotel where much extended family was waiting for what appeared to be a wedding. Yesterday I sent some people a wedding present online, for a wedding they are soon to have in person but that I will obviously not be attending in person. Yet in the dream, there we were. Along with much extended family, the couple turned out to know some very surprising people who appeared. Not worth listing but it was a mishmash assembly of people, some moderately famous such as Katie Couric. Again, your guess as good as mine as to why!

The rest of the dream involved sitting at a round wedding reception table with my middle child, being presented with a number of things I was unable to eat due to allergies, trying to find out which things were edible, and then taking an exit to a bathroom which was reached only after passing surprising people on the narrow staircase, and then finding myself barefoot in the bathroom which did not have a clean floor. This part of the dream fairly familiar, ha ha. OCD dream themes.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 am

Sometimes you're dreaming and think you have woken up from the dream but you're still dreaming - often this involves a repetitive sequence of the same dream, with that "double wake up" experience at the very end where only one waking up is real.

But then, I'm curious if another version of this happens to others frequently? This has been super rare for me but happened Tues: where you fall asleep and think that you're awake, but then you fall asleep within that dream and go down to like a second level of being asleep and dreaming. You know you're asleep down here at level two, so then you have the experience of waking up, except that too is still in the dream. Now you're back on dream level one, but you go to "sleep" again and go down to dream level two. During your sleep you are able to recognize only that dream level number two is a dream, but you don't realize that level one is a dream until you finally wake up from the whole thing.

Sometimes this happens to me when during normal "level one" dreaming sleep there are distracting noises or things that are trying to interfere with my sleep, so somehow going down to a further dream within the dream prevents you from waking up.

And then just now I dreamed that I worked near a giant hospital, and these buildings were connected with many complex tiers of parking decks. It was like a giant arcology of parking decks that had a hospital on one side and the place where I worked on another. Joe Biden showed up to an event and I knew him vaguely enough that when he had some type of minor medical crisis, those present reasoned it would be easier to bring up a car and drive him across to the hospital, as it was too far to walk through the parking lots, so I was sent out to get my car and accomplish this task. Time was of the essence because we wanted to respect his privacy, but as you may have guessed, I could not find that damn car in the parking lot. Oh my God was I running up and down and through that parking lot, and then when I found my car I couldn't find my way back to the doorway where everybody was waiting for me to pick them up and take them to the hospital.

Finally we get to the hospital! Since I work near here it is assumed that I will know my way through this hospital, and I've been there before as a patient so at least I have a loose idea. Nevertheless, you are correct that I cannot find the damn place where he is supposed to be deposited. We are walking all around and Joe is clutching his guts feeling sick but bravely trying to make it along with us. Jill is mad at me because she doesn't understand why we didn't just get an employee of the hospital to take us around and I'm like, Jill, you and me both, I didn't volunteer myself and have no idea what I'm doing! Oh Lord.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:07 am

In an effort to distract a T-Rex from my dad and family while they escaped, I played fetch with it using a rubber dog toy.

I think this reflects my desire to be a peace-maker in conflicts...and the futility of it.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:28 pm

I think this is a first, which is bizarre given the level of associated anxieties. I dreamed that I had the COVID! I recall other dreams like, WHAT IF I have Covid, but not I HAVE IT. Scary. Makes me worry, of course, that I have it!

When I took a nap later, then of course I dreamed there was a tornado coming, because that along with "loose spider or spidery creature" is the traditional manifestation of "shit be way outta control in life and I am not sure I can manage it! Maybe if I watch this tornado coming from a distance through the window, and prep to take cover, I will solve all else with relative ease!" The tornado dream is SO like this that it seldom scares me anymore, even though it used to be a childhood nightmare. Like oh yeah, the tornado. Or who knows, maybe it is a manifestation of a deep-seated terror of male sexuality - I feel like "tornado of too much stuff to do" is so mild-mannered as a dream interpretation. Am I really so boring? Yeah, I think so. Probably!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:49 am

Dreamt I was being trained as a spy. I was still young - younger twenties but still living with my parents between school or something. Because my parents were there and had brought in a couple house guests for a special horse racing event (?!).
One of the house guests had provided me some information, and had begun laying the groundwork for this "do you qualify as a spy" business.
I read the information and didn't think much of it, but then one of the tests was whether I could recall it later despite not knowing the importance.
Luckily since my brain had generated all the same info in the dream, it remembered it quite well! I was therefore permitted to be a spy, I guess admitted is the right word, and was about to launch my training.

But then it was breakfast time. Suddenly I had children again and I was providing them a breakfast, with the careful admonition that we were going to have a second breakfast in about 3 to 4 hours, so whatever they chose for breakfast one should be something different than they planned on eating at breakfast two. I was very pleased with this innovation in life, feeling that it was right and appropriate that everyone should have two breakfasts and then go on to whatever other healthy food they were going to have.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Had a really weird one the other night. I was at an elementary school, for some reason I want to say it was a Catholic school, and I had to use the copier, which was outside in a grassy field. It looked like some of the wild grass was growing into the copier and I didn’t want it to jam, so I opened it up to pull out the grass. In the bottom of the copy machine, there was a tray with 3-4 bodies of little kids laid out side by side, arms crossed on their chest, deathly pallors on their faces, blackened fingernails, etc. I’m cleaning the grass out and the little girl furthest from me moves a bit, stretches, then rolls onto her side, opens her eyes, looks at me and smiles. I smile back, because it’s a child, so she reaches over to shake my hand. I shake her hand, and she looks at the palor of her skin verses mine, her smile fades, and she says, “I’m dead, aren’t I?” “Yes,” I reply, and she just lays back down, places her hands on her chest and closes her eyes. And I realize they are powering this copier on the souls of dead kids.

2020 really needs to end.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Babble”