Dream Journal

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am

At some unknown hour of the night the dog went into a panic mode and started barking. Since he has been semi-trained not to bark at night unless something major is happening (e.g. NOT simply because a rabbit is passing through the yard), after being told NO! his only option was to squeeeeeek and squeeeeek with his high pitched dolphin noises until the human responded appropriately. I had been dreaming completely stressful dreams about having to show up for meetings without having the proper attire or time to prepare, having to answer questions, having to attend those kinds of meetings where it's mostly being social instead of solving something.

When I opened my eyes all I could see was darkness, so I knew it wasn't the right time to be awoken. Nope, 4 am. The dog ran in circles around the yard and then adopted various elaborate sentry poses at all corners, searching for the enemy. We have foxes and possums and raccoons and such, so you never know; then this morning I saw the "critter" van at our neighbor's house, indicating the presence of a more serious "critter" than usual, or in a wronger place than usual. The more he grows, the more obvious he's part doberman, so good on you, veterinarian, for making the early call on that one. It turns out that dobermans have a lot of feelings about being a sentry, so they may need to cry until you wake up and let them inspect the yard. After that he was fine and I tossed and turned for two hours.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sun May 07, 2017 10:50 am

Horrid, horrid dreams. I was sleeping in my son's bed because he had fallen asleep in mine. At one point I dreamed that over and over. The end. No, ha ha, just kidding, I love that stuff; it's the one happy outcome I get for consolation! No idea why there are so few views according to youtube; I can assure you there are many, many more, and not just my own but all the other people I foist the link on. Anyway, I haven't heard that particular track in a long time but I know it, so it's not that weird that I would be hearing it in real waking life. The problem begins when I think that I've woken up. I can't find the source of the music, and I grow annoyed with stumbling around in the dark and failing, so I decide to go back to sleep. I make some progress dozing off, but as I lay there the music is getting louder and louder, until finally I yell at my kid to wake up and figure out where all the noise is coming from. She gets up and starts rustling around in the bathroom. Then I realize: the noise is NOT music; it's actual lightning! I whip out my phone to see where the storm is on radar, because it sounds bad out there, when suddenly the tornado siren crank up. Crap! I yell to my daughter to get her dad and brother up while I get her sister. I'm jumping up and I see on the radar the storm is coming from the northwest, which is unusual and often does mean to get serious because some weird fronts are mixing it up. Before I get out of the room, I hear the chimney smashing into the roof above me. I'm trapped now, as the falling roof has blocked the room exits. Instead I pick up a heavy thing on my son's floor and start smashing the drywall between his closet and my own room. I hear everyone in there, waking up in a panic. Help me through, I scream, as more roof falls in behind me. Then I "wake up" and realize, whew, it was only the music, no storm! I get up and dressed and hop into my bright blue vw bug, at which point it occurs to me, something is "off". I live in the mountains. We have one narrow road here and all the people have these bugs, because they are the new self-driving cars. One has become wedged in the road, so my neighbor and I are going to push it with our own cars until it's at a place wide enough to pass. This is a tricky operation but we succeed. I then head to work, but oh no, it's not work, as I have lost my job. Instead, I am going back to school. Various people I know are fellow students. I spend the rest of the dream trying and failing to figure out what I'm trying to get a degree in, and then wake about 120 degrees hot in my son's Star Wars comforter. Arghhhh!!!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 am

At night you have little control over what your brain does. Basically, I hate myself and probably will never be happy with my own brains again. I dreamt - for a LONG time - that not only did I mate with Steve fucking Bannon, but I did so because I was madly in love with him! Obviously, we fought over ideas. He disliked me at first, you know, since Right v. Wrong, Good v. Evil and all. Eventually he was duly impressed by my various expertises and unable to resist my natural charm or something. At one point I told him I planned to name our baby Steve. Yes! He was touched. In real life I can only assume the guy is gay. In dream life our relationship was wonderful. He was the ideal lover. WTF this shocking self betrayal!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Another terrible night. Dreamed I had infiltrated a white power organization, like maybe I was in the FBI or something, and they found me out and shot me in the head. Not cool, brains, not a cool dream at all.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 am

Dreamed of very slowly chasing inexplicably large pile of used dryer sheets around the bedroom. It is true that I did a lot of laundry this weekend. I always imagined that manna from heaven looked a lot like dryer sheets. Like it would be composed primarily of ice, since people are being spared from their thirst as much as hunger, and would be a thin layer sitting upon the earth like a stray dryer sheet, like giant edible earth dandruff. Anyway, the charming ocd has been at an unexpected peak and is requiring actual fightback effort. When you fight back you anticipate winning at least a little bit, because fighting back has worked in the past, yet also dreading the next week. Went for a nice walk last night and exercise probably helps, so I should do it again now.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 pm

My mind is waging an epic war with itself, much like the epic war Steve Bannon thinks Western, Christian civilization is engaged in. Steve looks like absolute crap lately, like he was on a weeklong bender with all shaggy overgrown hair and Rudolph-level bright red nose, and... apparently this is what the subconscious mind likes. I have no explanation for this. It's horrible. Imagine that this was going on for you - just imagine! Or if you don't like the gents, imagine that you're having a similar dream life populated by KellyAnne Conway. W T F brain?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm

We decided to go out to dinner at a place very nearby so that we could get home early. My middle child decided to walk there and meet us. In the meantime we waited in a restaurant lounge area and the maitre d announced someone's name along with the addendum, "blind date". That's pretty cold, I thought, since the only other person in the waiting area was a guy sitting alone looking around him with embarrassment as if he was being stood up by his blind date. I don't think that restaurants really do that, I thought to myself. You must be dreaming during your nap. Yet at that time my son chose to lay face down on the dirty restaurant floor, which doesn't usually happen but is not totally out of the realm of possibility, so I was distracted from my truthful Insight that this was all a dream. Get up please, I said, with an apologetic glance at the blind date. Then I shrugged and said, or maybe lay there, so this guy won't feel bad about what he's missing. Think about it: if this evening were totally successful, it might end up as far gone as this, with a child laying on the floor face down in a restaurant. At that time my child told me he was laying there because he needed to go potty, so I got him up and we walked over to find the bathrooms. On our way past the front windows, we saw that a gigantic tornado was making its way across the town toward us. We were lucky if we had a minute. I saw my middle child approaching the restaurant door at this time. I opened the door and screamed at her to run downstairs with me, while grabbing the smaller kid in my arms. Run, it's a tornado! Right here! I screamed at the top of my lungs in the general direction of the restaurant. I hoped that people would follow me down but there was no time to wait, so I ran as fast as I could with my little guy and hoped it was my daughter's footsteps I could hear behind me on the stairs. We found a daycare at the bottom of the stairs, where there was a large desk or table arrangement we were able to flip over and get under just in the nick of time. This is for real because we are actually flipping over the furniture this time, I shouted. Get under there together as fast as you can! I leapt upon them, trying to throw my padded soft body upon their head areas before the building fell down atop us. Fin.

I guess the moral of the story is that I really like my kids and don't want the tornado to get them, even when they behave oddly.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 am

Craziest stuff lately; dealing with robot factories, strange laboratories, dormitories, you name it. I live an entire alternate life, to which I remain totally opposed yet over which I have no apparent control, wherein . I'm starting to understand it. If you just erase 85% of his verbal content and keep the 15% where he's dead-on right about stuff (e.g. Trump Twitter, China, the Billy Bush tape voter reaction, etc), or maybe just watch with the sound off, the guy is attractive in some basic animal way. The staring crazy-eyes, the eyebrow game... some basics are present and accounted for.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 am

Double post.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 am

Finally had a good dream and Steve was nowhere near it. However, my room WAS in the middle of one of those frou frou natural foods grocery stores. Whatever, in dream life that's no impediment.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 am

The first part involved traveling around roads that had become pointlessly congested due to over development of a particular piece of land. Why this should be the subject of a dream I have no idea. Eventually I got to someone's house where I met up with my husband. Neither of us had met the couple that lived in the house before, but we had been invited there with a lot of other people for an unknown purpose. My husband convinced the man of the house to stop shredding small pieces of decorative gift wrap ribbon into even smaller strands. He explained that it would go floating through the house and the pets would end up pooping it out. On this basis he and the man became friends. Thus we were invited to watch the man's band play. There were five of them, all with 80s hair. The bass player kept fake-mounting his amplifier and bass and doing the strangest things. I realized with the startling flush of embarrassment that I knew this person. I wished that he would stop attempting to mount the amplifier. I think it may have been Peter but he had a lot of hair.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Had a dream that someone was threatening my family and I was trying to warn them.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Apparently Kathy Griffin is an expert at late 19th century British literature. The dream consisted of brief interviews with actors. Between takes of shows, of course the actors and crew often sit around discussing 19th century literature. However, if you go later than author _____, then Kathy owns it. One actor blamed her stalled career on her cut throat attitude when discussing literature.

Odd. Kathy had never appeared in any dream of mine (and technically didn't appear here, she was just the topic of discussion). Still pales in comparison to dreams of Bannon.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Had a dream that I was at a bar and was excited to try a new beer but was a little concerned that it cost to much
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am

Well, what happened?!

I dreamed that someone trimmed all of the hedges at the house and in the process cut away all of the little berries and flowers that are accumulating there right now for autumn. I want all of these berries and flowers, as I cut them off and put the dried versions in the house for winter. So I was annoyed. Very glad this AM to realize they are all still intact!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Had a dream I was in a house filled with money and people kept coming to the house asking for some and I gave some of it away to keep them happy but they came for more. I think my current economic anxieties is fueling a lot of my dream life.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 am

I dreamed that I had prehensile hair. In other words I dreamed something that is apparently already true, except that I can't control the hair. In the dream I could control whether it popped out or not but couldn't control what it did after that. In one situation I was at a job interview and the hair came out and didn't like the people I was interviewing with.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 am

Brain not so bad after all. It appears that I have trained it to perform its own ERP spontaneously during dreamtime. I think that explains the Bannon thing which btw has stopped. Instead, last night I found myself having dreams about walking through grocery store barefoot, swimming in the ocean in the Bahamas, where the dark forms of sharks were visible distantly through the clear water, and being a detective at a crime scene where we were trying to compile evidence about someone whose house was really dirty and gross in a way that made you fear for your health. ERP checked off, thanks. On to the mountain!
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:33 am

"Stunt clown #6, you are now her parent."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 am

I don't know what this means and I do not wish to know. Because it puts the word "clown" in a thread about "dream".

Return to “Nerd Babble”