Why

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Why

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am

Do you ever wake up exhausted and unable to face the umpteenth 18 hour day on a row and ask yourself, why? Why. I think even the peasants only went sunup to sundown. Not that I'd prefer being a peasant, but some built in time constraints would be nice.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Re: Why

Postby Bonefish » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

medieval european peasant actually had a pretty nice schedule, all things considered. The local lord only required around 50 to 60 days of work for your rent. Most farmers apparently spent the mid-day napping or fishing, and went back to work somewhere in the middle after-noon.

The only times of the year that it would be dusk to dawn would be planting and harvest. So. Now.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Just got home from work; about to eat supper. Fuck.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:45 am

Ya, technology, hell, the second phase of the neolithic revolution, steals most people's productivity. At this stage, the only thing for it is to find work you love. The alternative takes time and ammunition.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:27 pm

I have another question. Why is it that you can buy all kinds of large packs of inexpensive cotton underwear for children that have things on them like Harry Potter symbols and Wonder Woman and SpongeBob and My Little Pony and whatnot, but this is not something you can do for adults? The same company makes the stuff; how hard is it to just make slightly larger ones, people?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Are they like tennis shoes, or those little leather bootie things that have a flap across the top with velcro? We all need those little soft leather booties with a fancy thing on the toe and a velcro strap holding it on. We had versions with Dinosaur, Bear, Flower, etc. There was a time my son had Cookie Monster shoes I coveted. Indeed, I bought repeat pair in sizes going up when Payless had the BOGO sale... But they didn't get big enough for me. I hate it when autocorrect changes words like coveted into words like covered. It always picks the boring default word instead of just assuming you might want to say a word like coveted.
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

We've moved on past the soft bootie moccasin type thing you're talking about, these dragon shoes are 'real' shoes--high tops nonetheless. I'll try to find a picture.

Return to “Nerd Talk”