Drek and Balls

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drek and Balls

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

La la la la can't hear you. Glad people are doing well. The staggering commitment was a feature, yep. I miss Paul and Iantha, who seemed like really nice people. And also lalalalalala can't hear you. However, it is a big shame that now that we have really organized LOTS of actual RPG activities here, a lot of former RPG playing folk who were here are no longer taking part in it.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:55 am

Let's see, who wasn't covered yet.

Ah, the furriners. Dennis (DV8) mostly disappeared from social media, though his brother and cousin (friend? can't remember) are still around (Little Deev and Glorfindel...I think) on Facebook. He had met a woman (Polish, I think?) who popped up very briefly on Bulldrek (and maybe Animalball) near the ends of their active life cycles. Joazia, though I honestly can't remember if that was her username as well. AFAIK, still happily together. Eva is in...San Fran, I think. San Diego? One of those California places. She's still the crazy tall, crazy powerful corporate person with some company or another (don't know if it's still Phillips). She's married to what seems to be a reasonably nice fellow. I can't recall if they have kids. Claus was mentioned earlier. Toryu (Jan)...I lost track of way, way back. He was still around on DV8's board for a while, off and on. Still in Prague, AFAIK. Joey (Crazy Elf / Revered C.E. / Joey Kleptomania) finally came out of the closet...and admitted he's a cop. Pretty successful in that field, from what I've seen of a few vague/redacted posts. Seriously, no idea why that was hidden for so long. Especially considering how long folks knew. He and the Ninja are still together. I don't believe he's doing the comedy and slam poetry anymore. That's disappointing.

Others? Teja (Lindsey / LadyTeja) adopted two awesome boys. She met a fellow (who I believe had some kids of his own), and they married and fled Michigan for Florida. She's no longer in the PO side of things, and spent some time working for Habitat for Humanity. I believe she recently moved into a position with her kids school district working with special needs students, or something in that venue. Reika (LadyReika) and her mom are still in the Cracker Belt of Florida. She's still gaming, writing, and being all around the best human being I've ever known. PDLP for life, for realz. Cash (Erik) met a fantastic woman and left California for Oregon, not far from Portland as I recall. He's got a son now, some amount of years old that I will never remember. He's as good of a dad as we all expected he would be.

Those that aren't missed in the fucking least? Wendigo. He's a pretty awful human being who wouldn't stop calling me at every goddamn hour of the day, twice an hour. Chuckles...because he was a fucking dickhole. Eclipse...because reasons.

Brother Justice / Old Dirty Buzzard / Loremaster Arvis joined a leather daddy biker gang from Coal Country, Pennsylvania and decided to invade North Carolina and cleanse the blight from the world. Then the gang remembered that gas was expensive and North Carolina doesn't have Wawa. So they decide to just let it destroy itself. After taking over most of the gun-running responsibilities for the Eastern Seaboard, he left the Leather Daddies and formed a cult devoted to the holy d6 somewhere in Qatar. After realizing that beards were required for cult leaders, he took up a career with a group of autonomous intelligent robotic lifeforms waging an intergalactic war against tyranny and non-Americans , and inspired some amazing true E Hollywood story films starring the Shia. (It's a pretty good representation.) Last I heard, he settled somewhere with forty-two of the biggest dogs found on the planet in a fabulously empty but well-wired compound down in Belize. I believe he's spending his twilight years doing angel investments for worthy Kickstarters and SpaceX.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:07 am

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:15 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:16 am

was Wendigo really that goddamned bad?
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:24 am

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Wow. I mean, I never really liked him that much, but I didn't realize he was that far of a pyscho. I just hated how one day he told me I didn't know shit about actual tactics, and then turned around and posted a write up where the "Stealth" operators had silences on their guns, with explosive rounds.

I'm not sure if I ever talked to you on the phone. I remember getting a call at some ungodly hour in the morning(11am...I was a teenager) from the first Gathering. I seem to remember telling the Veed the only reason it took 15 hours for the Nahtzees to invade denmark was because they had to stop for gas.

I'm honestly somewhat surprised I've lasted as long as I have.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I just don't think I talk that slow...
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey all! Yep. Paul is doing well. Crazy busy with union stuff - he's currently the union president at his facility. Turkish is a sophmore this year and will turn 16 in a few months (holy crap that time went by quickly) and is a far better person than I ever dreamed of raising. I'm still not quite sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining. So there's that. I'm back in school with the goal of being a sex therapist. It's about 7-9 years down the line to finish the PhD, but hey. I'm getting there. One day at a time, right?

Edit: We've been married for 10 years now, which means that I've known many of you in some capacity or other for about 12. Granted, I'm still one of the newbies compared to how long many of you have been on BD and other places, but still. A decade+ of reading your crazy posts.
Last edited by Iantha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm

WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Damn, that sucks. I felt bad when he passed through that I couldn't be more hospitable at the time. Always seemed like a pretty smart dude.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:00 pm

By the way, I saw Jim's stunt work- it was fucking crazy.
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Mention my name too many times, and I show up. (Well, the link on the FB thread helps as well.)

Most of what I can say has already been discussed. I'm still in Chicago, still doing stunt and circus work. I actually train at some of the same places as Daki's (Jason's) girlfriend Tank. Josh and Kara are still up in the northern suburbs and pretty happy, and Moo dropped off the face of the earth to all of us a few years ago (we all like his ex-fiance better anyway!) Jae is still in the Chicago area, although I haven't seen her in years. I see Marius once every few years and he's still awesome.

I still see DV8 at least a few times a year, and he's doing really well. He is still dating Joasia, and she's in England teaching. Eva is in San Francisco and happily married.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

And he was apparently in Divergent. That's awesome!

Edit: And so ninja he posted while I was mid-post.
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Very good! I want to see the stunts too. Lucy on Animalball. I had to change my name because, you know, Lego Batman and stuff.
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 pm

This is a few years old, but gives you an idea: https://youtu.be/k7dWRehXQiI

And hello again!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Wow, that's awesome!

Return to “Nerd Talk”