Drek and Balls

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drek and Balls

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:47 pm

I think the last time I saw Jim and Eva was for dimsum at Farama's in Chicago. They got to see the kids when they were about two, maybe?

I got to see Jim at Gencon for Covert Generation, which was cool.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Daki
Puppet Accout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daki » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Damn Jeff, you really are the Nexus of all information. You'll be the narrator for any Bulldrek "Where Are They Now?" sketches.

So I learned this existed (and am kind of honored that you were wondering about me) and can confirm what has been said with factoids:

- Jae (Gunny) and I were married and divorced about 5 years ago.
- Divorce was amicable because it was two people moving in two very different directions. (The part where I caught her at a hotel room cheating on me was more the final symptom rather than the cause)
- Still in Chicago. Still see the local crew all the time (Jim, Josh, etc.)
- None of us know what is going on with Moo (short version: Moo had a girlfriend, she came into the fold, they broke up, Moo demanded we never speak with her again, we said "eff that", Moo cut all ties)
- Yes, Moo really had a girlfriend.
- Been seeing a lovely woman (Tank) for the last 3.5 years and we've been living together the last two. She is a circus artist, started her own company, and is awesome.
- Have had the chance to visit Elf if Australia twice (while I was there visiting Tank). He's doing very well, a great cop, and is officially marrying Ninja next month.

The floor is now open for questions.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:40 pm

The heck did this "Elf is a Cop" stuff start?

I'm so confused.

Also SMITE!™
thatcash
Puppet Accout

Postby thatcash » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Ben is Raygun. He doesn't have much of an online presence.

Frankie is his gf/so/wifey/common law partner.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:47 pm

I saw something about Elf, but it was really cagey, so I didn't pry. A cop, eh. They let 14 year olds from Idaho on the force now?
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Here is a positive thing - we took the kids to the City two weeks ago and they actually liked it. We hit part of the miracle mile, saw the Cloud Gate again and took a subway ride. They want to go back.

Should we get our stuff together for a trip this summer, we will be in touch long before we actually go.
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 pm

That would be great! Let me know when things come together and we'll figure something out.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:38 am

Everybody's back! Oh my goodness!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 am

I half expect one of the Iowa boys to show up.
salvation122
Infrared Drone

Postby salvation122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:45 am

HOLY SHIT WILLYGILLIGAN LIVES
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 am

There are some in Iowa?

Lately we have lost our Ronster though.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:47 am

Lord Death Hand and The Grand Crusader were from Iowa, as I think, was Kwyndig.
salvation122
Infrared Drone

Postby salvation122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 am

WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:28 am

So, while I remember WAY too much about this community, there is one thing I never really got in the loop on. Who exactly is Moo's ex on FB? First name is cool, but for some reason, I swear I ended up meeting her during my one trip to Chi-town (as he did bring a woman with him, but it was pretty early on in the dating according to him, at that time). And for the life of me, I can't remember her name.

Also, what the fuck is Marius' first name? I have two different people friended on FB, and no joke, both of them look incredibly similar to Marius (back when I met him). I think one of them is from the Battletech community, but I absolutely cannot remember who is who in this scenario. And...was I wrong in remembering that Marius had a male partner at one point?
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:34 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 am

What the fuck? You don't remember Sal?
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:28 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”