Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Trump getting credit on Juneneeth is like police getting credit for BLM resurgence by beating down on black people.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Oh my, this is one of those days when I keep having to Google things and I don't even want to know. Ayy.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm

The BS with Barr announcing the resignation of the US attorney for SDNY, only for the US attorney to announce it is BS and he’s not resigning and is continuing his investigations, is interesting. And now Trump advance staff in Tulsa testing positive for COVID-19 is just icing on the cake.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Barr says Trump has fired him. Trump says afterwards that he is not involved. Oh man. What a mess.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:57 pm

It's enough to make you wonder what they were investigating, isn't it?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:19 pm

It’s enough to make you wonder why Barr hasn’t been impeached yet.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:22 pm

This! Why has this not happened 10 times over by now? He will go down in history in a very special way.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:12 pm

I am surviving by trying to manifest a traditional scene in the Capitol Rotunda
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Rally might be lucky and not see a covid spike as a result. But that doesn't mean it isn't very irresponsible. It also shows how desperate Trump is to not be down 10 points that he's going to take this risk. But for a narcissist, risking your fans' health for your fans' votes is an easy choice.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:09 pm

Too blue to retweet but I had to share here, because it is a well crafted joke:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TriumphICDHQ ... 6546719747
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:46 am

At his rally, Trump said he ordered testing to be slowed so there would be fewer cases.

(This is pathologically stupid; as someone put it on Twitter, by Trump's logic if he orders the halt of issuing death certificates, we'd have zero Covid deaths!)

His press people say he was joking.

Trump himself said "I don't kid."

This tells you two things.

First, Trump's people get that what he said was stupid and indefensible.

Second, Trump doesn't get that.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Yep. The spin of his kung flu racist thing was really something: this is merely a phrase that locates the virus origin. In... Kung.

I love that people are putting little stick figures into the arena, lol!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:44 am

Hehe

Meanwhile a new NY Times poll has the race at 50/36. What makes me optimistic is the 50. I'm less about the 36 because we've been here before. The 14 remaining may feel abandoned by Trump or ashamed of him. But, based on all the other times, they are just waiting for any excuse to return to him. It could be emails on Anthony Weiner's computer, it could be 10 days without overt racism, it could be a single improved economic number. Given the first one on that list, it could be the most innocuous scandal ever, Biden calls the first lady Malia or something. Something Trump does every week.

It's the McGuffin of politics, doesn't matter what it is, just it'll matter everything in the minds of those 14 percent.

But.... that 50 is good.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:58 am

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Evidence indicates that Trump didn't care about Russia putting up bounties on US military in Afghanistan. If he cared, he didn't do anything.

Wow.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:28 am

Proving once again that there is no bottom, he can always go lower.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am

I am pleased to report after various contacts with the extended family, that many of our previous Trump supporters have actually reformed themselves. Three in particular who were voting for him are not going to vote for him again. And it is because of Coronavirus, folks. That's the reason! I think they had other concerns, but this one was the final weight that tipped it the other direction. They're not able to demonize Biden in the way that Hillary was demonized. anything they manage to say about him is something that Trump is either much worse on, or it's something that actually appeals to these scared voters, like that he wears a goddamn mask when he's out and about. The fringe of mask averse crazy on the right wing seems to be a very vocal but still rather small minority, and that's terrific! Keep shouting crazy stuff, keep telling us how doing stuff to endanger others is your constitutional and god-given right! It's working for Biden!

Anyway, the people in my own extended family who are Trump supporters remain mentally ill (seriously) and intellectually challenged (seriously). I hope people (and by people I mean some of you here who may witness this, in all its tragedy) realize this when I try to talk to them. We are dealing with completely unwell individuals here, who genuinely believe all the things they're saying. Cutting them off is not an option, for reasons I cannot explain in public. They are frightened of covid some of the time, when they've had a little break from Fox News, and this is the lever we will keep pushing on even though sadly none of the others work.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 am

I can't believe that Trump would drop out. I think he'd rather lose (even lose badly) and then blame cheating, the media, and everyone else for losing.
Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am

Yeah, sadly I feel that's one of em "I Wish" articles. Just like the ones that say "This might be the start of a Presidential presidency" or "Trump may begin moving towards the center" there's been these "This is the last days of Trump" articles, ever since Charlottesville in August 2017. No wait, when Comey was fired in May 2017. Fool me thrice...

Return to “Nerd Talk”