What are you watching?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Watching HAPPY!

I love Chris Meloni acting completely off the chain and Patton Oswalt is a joy.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:41 pm

oh its called black mirror because that's what a computer screen is when it's off. fuck im dumb
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 am

Hogans Heroes rewatch
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 am

Better Call Saul and it's hilarious.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 am

Just started Sleepy Hollow...kinda spooky
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 am

We just finished season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It was fantastic!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Adding to list!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 pm

that blade runner show ALTERED CARBON lands this weekend on netflix, looks sick
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm

It does... I heard it was really graphically violent so I'm guessing I am not going to watch, but husband will watch and report back, or I will burrow into some hole in the bed while he watches and I have the pillow over my head.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

I think some of that could be that NETFLIX still has a horrendous UI on most platforms and a seemingly mostly indifferent view on how to promote the ENDLESS parade of original series/films that come on the service on a monthly basis.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I was watching Jeopardy until Spectrum started warring with our "local" affiliate.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

Soup with Joel McHale was a WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT For me and I was DEVASTATED when it got shit canned. SO HAPPY that its back on Netflix. Just great stuff.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 pm

buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:28 pm

HALF WAY into Electric Dreams and I concur.

Getting super into Mindhunter on Netflix, if you like 70s crime drama and serial killer stuff its a no brainer.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Gossip Girl season one. Pretty much perfect. Husband despises it. I used to watch only the Blair and Chuck scenes and skip over everything else, which left me with a somewhat impoverished appreciation of the full work, though clearly I appreciated the important part. Going back through and watching the whole season without skipping parts has been edifying because a lot of times you don't understand the Blair/Chuck scene unless you've seen what the characters are doing on their own in some other context beforehand, and what they do afterward when they're by themselves is often the most interesting of all. For instance, in Season 2, the episode where Blair is trying to become part of the Coventry Club, and Leighton Meester has to compose herself by sheer force of will in front of the mirror, after momentarily falling apart with totally broken heart? Astonishing. She's a genius. I didn't think she could do better than the scene in season 1 episode 13 where she meets Chuck at the bar, but this may even surpass it. I understand she was in Nashville and I haven't seen that, but I really need to track down the other stuff she's been in and follow. For anyone who doesn't know about the wonders of Gossip Girl, it's basically a show that exists to showcase how awesome an actress Leighton Meester is. Once you hit the halfway point of season 2 the rest is utter s***, nearly impossible to watch. But that first season and a half is Art.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”