New Year Old News

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Year Old News

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Here we are, 2018. What say you about 2018?

I'm simply glad to be here and have no plan. You know how people make a plan, feel refreshed, hopefully after some kind of time spent with family and friends recently, maybe even after a little time off work? The last year was rough. Things go poorly for many people; many problems old and new are carrying forward, with not much solution in sight. Sadly our extended family has it much worse than our little household, and I don't know how they are coping.

Work was a bear. It leads to new experiences that lead to learning and improvement, hopefully, but one needs time to process, and during the stressful, heavy experiences one is exhausted. Husband was in the same town about 50% of the last few months, and when here was working a lot. He will be present this month but working even more, so much that today we have a "family meeting" to discuss the tricky contingencies, because every person has important big stuff happening this month and somehow it has to move forward with in-absentia parenting from both. If nobody gets sick and the weather is perfect, we can do it. If not, wholesale disaster seems likely. What are the odds?

On the bright side, I have been enjoying more time while the kids were off school to do things with them, and that brings a sense of renewal befitting a new year and refreshed outlook. They help keep me active, though parts do still go numb after a time. Health is improving - not enough to where I have energies to exercise, but I can at least walk the dog and do some things, so that's encouraging. My job is likely to change a lot midway through the year, hopefully in a very beneficial way, so if we can get through the first few months, maybe things will be brighter. Before the war with North Korea, you know! LOL!

:banana:

Return to “Nerd Talk”