News Editorials

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

News Editorials

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

In a way it's quite beautiful to see all of these defenses of the freedom of the press. It's beautiful to see people standing up against attacks on the media. Hopefully it inspires people who are unhappy about the current erosion, so that they take action. It's all about accountability in November and beyond. I'm trying to donate to candidates, get people registered, phone call for the best ones, but at the end of the day it's about enough people coming out and standing up for our common democratic values. I just see the die-hard Republicans around me becoming even more entrenched, and they will view this latest action on the part of newspapers as more evidence of a giant conspiracy of evil against their beloved president, who can do no wrong regardless of how bad his behavior might be. It's just amazing that this venal person is the one they chose to rally around for the sake of Values.

Return to “Nerd Talk”