Fuck Louis CK

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fuck Louis CK

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:49 am

I know nothing of Louis CK's career before he did those horrible things.

Forgiveness comes from the victims and God, IMO.
What these people (the applauding audience members) have done is pardoned another's transgressions against a third party which is something they have no right to do. Think of it in debt terms. No one has the right to forgive someone else's debt to you. Only you (and our justice system in some cases) have that power. They are robbing the victims of justice.

There needs to be justice here, though. Lives have been damaged; there should be punishment. I do not follow this sort of news, but has there been a trial? If not there needs to be. If convicted he should get the most severe punishment.

Once released from prison, then let's talk about forgiveness/

If it my kids that had been treated this way by him the emotions would run much deeper.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Ron- your discussion of forgiveness and obligation is spot on. Well said.

Return to “Nerd Talk”