Captain Picard 2019

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Captain Picard 2019

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:32 pm

So chime in if I'm missing something but in my mind this is the list of possible ways we are introduced to Captain Picard in the upcoming series. Which one would be your fav/worst.

Starfleet Picard: A admiral or diplomat, still doing the Starfleet thing

Archaeologist Picard:Picard following his passions and doing some kind of archaeology work in the universe.

Broken Picard: Like Luke in Last Jedi but not as much drinking blue milk out of tits

Retired Picard: In his vineyards doing his thing
Last edited by mimekiller on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Re: Captain Picard 2019

Postby Stan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Other options:
jigalow Picard, showing the ups and downs of a sexually active senior in the far future. This would fit perfectly with Trek's aging fan base.

Robinson Picard, stranded on a planet, making his way in the world today takes everything he's got. Other than Picard, the budget is low as the planet looks a lot like the forests of western Canada and unknown actors fill the small number of aliens.

If they do diplomat Picard, which is possible, they'd have to make him an admiral or senior official who is competent, which would be almost a first for Trek. They could put him on a small diplomatic ship to zip around, so they don't have a huge crew and a bloated cast. Hey, it could be the new Love Boat with a rotating cast of out of work actors playing the parts of a new set of disputing aliens every week.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 am

Other possibilities:

Tooth Picard: Fed up with the Starfleet buerocracy, Jean-Luc retires and becomes a dentist. Has ongoing battle with the cavity creeps.

Ice Picard: Jean-Luc switches sides and becomes a dangerous assassin for the Romulans.

Guitar Picard: Easy. Rock god.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 am

Picard and his clone progeny

In his efforts to have the Picard name carried on he has himself cloned, then spent his time raising "Junior" Picard.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:51 pm

One vote here for vegetable garden. He's the kind of person who would continue to serve if he was capable, so he must be under the misconception that he is not capable of doing it right now, and will have to be convinced otherwise through his accidental performance of Excellence, outside the veggie garden.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 pm

So it looks like its going to be a combo of retired picard in his vineyards and broken Picard, his failure to save the Romulan home world must of hit him hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3om4V_-Y0Q
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 am

I'm hoping this turns out to be the greatest use of an opportunity to troll Star Trek fans. I want episode 1 to be about dealing with the weighty issues of having a bad crop. Episode 2 to be about the vagaries of rolling farm expenses. I just want the entire season to go on as a very serious version of the Ranch I guess, and never once have anything to do with Star Trek or sci-fi.

It's possible the teaser trailer made me think this looks incredibly stupid. Stewart will act the shit out of it, and I'd wager it'll end up being fairly decent in the end. But that teaser trailer is horrid and inspires a great deal of Amish laughing.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 pm

I'm not SUPER picky when it comes to Star Trek ignoring some parts of 60 years and hundreds of hours of TV in order to tell a compelling story, but the fact that the impact of Star Trek X is going to resonate deeply with Picard...just seems cool, would be a nice extra touch if be brings up his experiences with Spocks dad, seeing a once proud man brought low by age and endangering others as kind of a cautionary tale, one that informs his current choices.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

SoooOOOOoooo apropos of nothing I was searching for some info on THE DOCTOR when I discovered that he may show up again on Picard show and if so I will faint, especially if there is any reprise of his interactions with Seven. I realize my girl is sometimes the target of critique but I don't care what none of y'all say, I still love her, and as the kids say, my ULTIMATE STAN is The Doctor and 7 of 9. OMG, a love for all ages and time.

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:51 pm

I am NOT the hugest voyager fan in the world at all BUT BUT I think the idea of voyager crew mixing it up with TNG is a lot of fun.besides the shameless cross overs they fit in....ok I liked the stuff with Barkley

And its been done in some books but the idea of 7 of 9 doing wetwork on the edges of Federation space is a fun idea and from the looks of the trailer its what is going on.

I guess a VERSION of the Doctor mixed it up with Crusher during Star Trek 8 but that doesn't count.

If I had to pick one person they could bring back my pick would be Q just to see Picard get fucked with in his dotage one last time by the clown prince of space.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am

Lol, what a use of dotage, I can't help but applaud that one. I will watch anything whatsoever that mixes Picard, Data (or whoever), the Doctor, and Seven. It could be show tunes (in fact likely should be show tunes). It should just be them, forming a band, traveling. Kyle was right, though it's Broadway Gods as opposed to Rock God.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:31 pm

heh thank you kindly.

I think that DATA scene that of course is the big hook to end the trailer...the way its framed...Picard with a deck of cards...Data in a old school uniform....I think its a holodeck scene...Picard re-creating his dead friend for a bit of advice...

ALSO some eagle eyed nerd saw a sign in the prison looking scene that says "this many days since an assimilation" which is kind of a fun idea. Hopefully BARKLEY is heading up Borg research

Return to “Nerd Talk”