We're more like Russia every day, and it isn't even Russia's fault

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

We're more like Russia every day, and it isn't even Russia's fault

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 pm

"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: We're more like Russia every day, and it isn't even Russia's fault

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Didn't even need to scratch into Walmart for this! Normally I'm not a big fan of pocketbook voting as the most effective tool, but in such cases I think it helps. Right when there is almost no other choice, that last remaining choice might be important to support. Not going to work if you have That One Internet Provider, but still works in lots of cases, and coincidentally, often more pleasant and practical - like the old standard example of your local bookseller vs. the Behemoth. I got some personal value and experience there worth the extra $5 paid, I think. I'm also fond of these people spurring movements not to buy anything at all. Black Friday is a day to sleep in, watch some sporting entertainments, eat, and make some homemade gifts.

Return to “Nerd Talk”