A Lesson from Ronster

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

A Lesson from Ronster

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Y'all, I'm convinced that Ronster is the nicest, most sincerely caring person on this site. He reached out to me after my house flooded and asked what he could do and how he could help. On several occasions over the years he's sent me private messages of encouragement, thanks or kindness. This year he sent me a lovely Christmas card with a super-touching note he hand-wrote in it to me.

Ronster- you're the best. I mean that. Thanks, brother.

And it stands as a testament that we're all WAY more alike and have WAY more in common with each other than we think. Ron and I have very different politics and viewpoints on various social, economic and other issues. But that's just politics. That doesn't stop us from being kind, friendly and enjoying each other for several years now because we just genuinely like each other. My political viewpoints, who I voted for, what I think about religion-- those things don't really matter if you're friends.

And you're a great friend, Ron. I really appreciate everything. You really are the best.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A Lesson from Ronster

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 am

Ron is definitely a preferred Republican, one who gives reasons and doesn't seem to be motivated by negativity toward other people. I really appreciate that about him. He doesn't write me touching notes but then, you know, it would be a little weird if he did, so even in this respect, winning!

Return to “Nerd Talk”