What's Your Short Term Goal?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

What's Your Short Term Goal?

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 pm

What are people's short term goals? I'm not looking for the year-long resolution stuff. Just the next-week or next-month stuff.

Personally, I'm going to try to get regular sleep for the next week, and for the next month, I want to stop snacking. Those two things are actually related.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's Your Short Term Goal?

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:02 pm

I just got a weighted vest to help with my morning workouts. My goal for next week is to start with an extra 10 pounds in it while doing my pushups and pull-ups. Eventually, I want to get it to an extra 40 pounds.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:32 pm

Very short-term goals include eating this piece of cheese, making sure everybody else in the house is fed something, and then washing my hair. Another short-term goal involves finding the other people in my house, wherever they may be.

But seriously, I feel that late-night snack thing... maybe try drinking a warm calorie-free beverage at night like tea or decaf coffee? I say warm only because it provides a sensation of fullness, but obviously if it's hot you don't really want a warm beverage. This helps me stave off the desire to eat anything at night. Another thing is to pick a snack for yourself and lay it out and try to eat it about an hour before bedtime, and if you don't want it you don't get to eat anything. But the snack has to be something totally low cal that you wouldn't normally pick - like it can't be 100 Cal worth of chips, but can be a cup of raw cauliflower or little tray of dried seaweed.

My other short-term goal is to be able to do a whole set of push-ups from the floor much less with a goddamn weight vest.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:36 pm

I bet you somewhere there's a t-shirt that mimics the whole we are the machines slogan, that says something like I am my own weight vest. Lol I crack myself up. My own weight vest. Lol.

"DIY Weight Vest"

:banana:

Google and all of the jokers who actually want to make their own homemade weight vest are foiling my ability to find this t-shirt but I'm sure it exists somewhere.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Get a job. Go to the gym more than once a week. Clean the basement.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:33 am

Kindred spirits
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:33 am

As I return to a normal day shift only 8 hours a day job, my goal is to return to the 5AM gym thing I was doing.

That and get busy making my chain mail and helmet for my Skyrim cosplay.

Also I want to get a heart scan (groupon has it for 26 bucks).
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 am

The vest has 10 pockets, 5 on front and 5 on back, that each hold 4 pound, cylindrical sandbags. When you put it on, it almost looks like you're wearing a bullet-proof tactical vest. I took out all except 3 of the sandbags (2 back and 1 front), so it weighed 12 pounds. It definitely made the workout harder, but I was able to keep up with my same rep count. Today's workout was chest and back, so it alternated between several different styles of pushups and pull-ups and a bit of weight lifting. That was followed by a little break without the vest to work on abs, then I put the vest back on to run 3 miles in 22.5 minutes. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up the same pace for the whole 3 miles, but I did! When it was all done, I certainly felt like I had more of a workout than without the vest.

I'll probably keep it at 12 pounds for a few weeks, then gradually increase it gradually over the months until I get up to the full 40 pounds.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:59 am

It's cool that you can adjust it incrementally like that!
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm

I wanna finish this damn house.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Me too.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Stay alive until tomorrow.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:21 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:01 am

Wow. My goal of getting better sleep has been achieved. Sleeping in until at least 6:30 the last three mornings. This is great!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:39 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:01 am

One essential covered!

Return to “Nerd Talk”