Rand Paul having his surgery in Canada

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rand Paul having his surgery in Canada

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:19 am

Not even going to link the article; I might end up needing medical help for dying of laughter and I'm not close enough to Canada. Oh, this is so good, it's just so good.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Re: Rand Paul having his surgery in Canada

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Well good thing you didn't because the info of the article, him going to a private hospital to get top notch care, undermines any sense of irony one could hope to achieve. alternative headline

“Rand Paul, enemy of socialized medicine, goes to a for-profit, private health care provider across the border, in-line with his free market ideology.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics ... index.html
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:50 am

Lol your trust in his spin is touching. Health plan covers surgery there for the common folk and a nightly stay is cheaper than Marriott or any U.S. hospital. Amazing this place manages to function at all, much less be the World Leader, on those terms. What stopped hospitals in the great u.s. non-socialized system from winning that competition? Your contrarianism does touch me tho.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Yeah, the irony is very much intact, as Paul consistently maintains that good healthcare is incompatible with a system of socialized healthcare. The hospital is privately-owned, but does the majority of its business through contract with the government and via the public insurance.

Still funny Rand Paul's neighbor whooped his ass this bad too.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Alas, I can take no joy in violence; his neighbor also seems totally batshit. But I do take joy in this great triumph of socialized medicine.

Return to “Nerd Talk”