Unbreakable

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Unbreakable

Postby Kyle » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 pm

I’ve just rewatched this movie. It is brilliant. Fucking genius. I’m requestioning my opinion on Shyamalan. He’s truly a genius that takes crazy risks. And sometimes those risks don’t pay off. But when they do, they are fucking brilliant. This movie is in my top 10. It is amazing.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Unbreakable

Postby WillyGilligan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:01 pm

Yeah, he really found a good niche at the time. Are you going to watch Glass? I think I will as soon as I can get away from this hospital, but it's getting mixed reviews.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 am

If your hospital is getting mixed reviews- I’d go to another hospital.

Yeah the reason I watched Unbreakable and Split yesterday is because my family wants to see Glass this week. I know it’s gotten a mixed reception, but I’m keeping my expectations realistic. Split was good, but Unbreakable is really a near-perfect movie.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Real talk, my daughter is at Johns Hopkins with C Diff. The staff has been amazing, and I've been couch surfing the entire time trying to help while staying out of the professionals' way. This is pretty nasty, but there's a minor blessing in that my lack of job plus us being able to survive on my military retirement and my wife's salary are turning what could be a pretty catastrophic situation into "merely" an anxious wait while they do everything they can to avoid surgery. I can't say enough good things about them. My agnosticism means I don't normally go in for #blessed, but things could be so much worse. I'm grateful to...something.

But I'm going to be disappointed if Glass is really bad. That said, I liked Unbreakable and Split, so my standards and ability to forgive movies their trespasses may prevent that from happening...when I manage to have time to see it.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Glass was great. Watched it today and loved it. My only reminder to people was that both Unbreakable and Split were slow and oddly structured narratives. As is Glass. But I loved it. A great cap to a great trilogy.

Also- I was with my mom in the hospital for two weeks when she had c-diff. It sucks man. I’m so sorry. Just stay strong and stay sterile.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am

WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 am

My youngest had C Diff 2 years ago. we went to a doctor in Atlanta who had discovered a new way to fight it. To his credit he did not push it on us and said to take a slower approach given her age and health. With some high dollar probiotics and a strict regimen she beat it. I am so glad we didn't have to do anything more drastic.

Like WillyG, I know it could be much worse and although just the doctors visit was about 450.00 it was worth every penny and I'm glad I had put the money in my HSA for that. #blessed

Oh yeah...this is about Unbreakable. I really enjoyed it, but only saw it twice. One of my favorite SLJ roles.

I didn't know Split was in the same universe as Glass, but I look forward to seeing Glass on dvd.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Unbreakable was definitely the highest point for M. Night. Everything that came out for the next few years after that deserves to die in the flames of Hell twice. I'll never forget when Veed talked me into going to see the Happening, after I already wanted to burn every copy of the Village.

THERE WERE CHASE SCENES WITH GRASS AND WIND. GRASS AND FUCKING WIND.

Somewhere in the middle, the stoic Dane just looked over at me and said "I'm so sorry."
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"

Return to “Nerd Talk”