Hearing the Voices

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hearing the Voices

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:19 pm

The unkillable thread brought this subject to mind. I find it so interesting to hear what people sound like. Some people here may have first known Mike, or maybe Mike and Kyle, through their voices. Likewise I have so enjoyed hearing the voices of people on the other podcasts, like our cleric and wizard and GM for runelords, and various other people in different circumstances. I swear we have heard Hauze before but maybe I'm wrong. There was a whole heck of a lot of embarrassing hearing of what was going on in my house before I figured out how to function with the computer + roll20. I finally figured out how to permanently mute everything, ha!!!!
Bluedevyl has the "shoulda been a DJ" Voice, like the butter & silk, and I don't know if this was real or a joke but someone said mimekiller is a DJ so now I want to know what his voice sounds like. Also want to know what sdt sounds like because I don't know what a Montana accent is!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Re: Hearing the Voices

Postby akiva » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 am

NPR listeners have heard my voice before.
Reel on a repeating loop
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:44 am

Technically, at one point in time, anybody who called Comcast in the US over an eight year period in the earlier 2000's had a chance to speak with me.

My voice can also be heard on at least two (possibly three) episodes of the Animalcasts.

There's at least three recordings of me leaving phone messages for Bulldrekkers available with a bit of digging. (Links were still good about a year ago, when I last checked. Links not provided, so you'll have to dig through archives on your own.)

I did the audio for a self-published novella over a decade ago, and have absolutely no idea where that is. (I legitimately couldn't even find the novella in electronic formats for any of the major sites on a search today.)

I've been a guest host on two other tiny podcasts, under other names, and those will remain unlinked for reasons of my own privacy. But if you're delving into the remote corners of mental health Podcastia, you could conceivable run across it.

I have two lines of spoken dialogue in two different student/indy film projects. Neither seem to be available anywhere online. I may have saved files on the hard drives locked away in my dead godbox.

My voice got sampled saying "Your soul is simply fuel for the Machine" for an old friend's Mage game about a decade ago. They were really prolific in the props provided to players (including audio/video stuff, so that line got used, warped, and manipulated a lot for that five year long game).
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:02 pm

You wouldn't understand me at all.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:28 pm

SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:27 am

Mime is a DJ with a very pleasing voice. I can't get Jeff's voice out of my head and I don't remember if we have ever spoken.

Most of you have voices in my head, why is that I wonder? Also why do I have to have an accent? I did call in to the podcast at one point, but I don't remember if I was on it.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:37 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"

Return to “Nerd Talk”