Bioswale usage in city stormwater management

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bioswale usage in city stormwater management

Postby Iantha » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 pm

How many of you live in cities that use Bioswales for stormwater management? A bioswale is a median or roadside easement that has been dug out, the soil level lowered a bit, and plated with native plants. There are openings in the concrete curb around the edges so that stormwater can run in, be trapped, filtered, and absorbed by the soil and plants to help decrease the stress and load on municipal water systems. I'm part of a citizen group that is working with the City of Grand Rapids to pilot native plantings in bioswales and bumpouts (the same thing as a bioswale, but just at corners of sidewalks) and am trying to get an idea of who has done this already and how it went, what problems they had with it, what (if any) unexpected positives they encountered, etc.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Re: Bioswale usage in city stormwater management

Postby Ronster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 am

I know what they are and I am going to nee to create some for the the marshier parts of my pasture to mitigate erosion and pasture loss to marshlands.

I knew some people into the whole Permaculture movement. I would suggest looking into a facebook group or a local group of Permaculture enthusiasts
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”