Reading Glasses Beget More Reading Glasses

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Reading Glasses Beget More Reading Glasses

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:21 pm

I've noticed that the more I use reading glasses to read (because I'm an old man and I have old people eyes) that my eyes become accustomed to them and I need them more. Is this just me? Have other old people noticed this? I can go a few days without using them (as long as I don't have to read an ingredients list or prescription bottle) and be okay, but if I wake up in the morning and use them to read my iPad, I've noticed that the rest of the day its even harder to read small print than usual.

Seriously- is this just me?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reading Glasses Beget More Reading Glasses

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm

I've had glasses since 7th grade and I've heard from people now and again the importance of "exercising" your eyes as it were, I figure my eyes are just fucked and I will be blind by 60 so it doesn't matter to me.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Reading Glasses Beget More Reading Glasses

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Actually, the Bates Method does help improve vision, within reason. I did it for awhile and improved my prescription. I need to be more diligent about doing it regularly.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Talk”