Male Irish Siri is a Delight

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Male Irish Siri is a Delight

Postby Kyle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Longtime fans of my lifeblog (kylestyle.com) will know that I refuse to have my Siri set to a female voice because there's something too "I dream of Jeanie/"As you wish, Master" about it. So I always use a male voice. A few months ago I downloaded the Irish accented Siri, and let me tell you- it's a delight.

At first I just liked the sing-songy quality of the accent. But there were hidden delights. Like when he says "Cool" (Kewwll) or "Okay" (OH kayyyyy) or "Oh no!" (Ohhh! Noooo!). And the funny part is that it Siri only does it like once every five times- all the other times he says the words very straight forward. So you try to demonstrate it for someone and he won't do it, then you get back in your car-- BOOM! "Kewwlll". So delightful.

There's a few others I forgot. But when he's doing the navigation, he also uses weird sayings like "Continue straight on for twelve miles" or "turn into the car park."

Irish Siri is the best.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Male Irish Siri is a Delight

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Can you obtain these for Google phones? I am sure if I read some manual it could be done but I'm tired and just want easy answers. I always have a male voice, as I totally understand what you're saying about the dream of Jeannie vibe, and sometimes I think my phone understands me and is humorous and clever, and other times I think he does dumb things just to thwart me or make some sort of bad joke at my expense. If he had any type of foreign accent he would be more interesting, and perhaps then I could blame his failures on unfamiliarity with my culture.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:36 pm

I am dead serious: phone just gave me a notification IN GERMAN. So not only does he monitor everything I say in a stalker-ish way and attempt to respond, but he has correctly decided that a German accent might be good for me. Dude there is no dash in stalkerish. Oooh, good work the second time.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 pm

I have no clue on android options- I'm a Siri guy.

Although you're right about engaging with him more. Because of the accident, I'll have little arguments with him over directions. It's cute.

Return to “Nerd Talk”