Do you have a backlog at work?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do you have a backlog at work?

Postby Ronster » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:38 pm

I do. we work jobs as they come in...we build engines 3 or 4 at a time so there are various jobs that can take 1 day or a minute.

I am constantly busy from start to finish and never catch up. :deadhorse:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Do you have a backlog at work?

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Job security, man! Though it can be stressful.

I'm an independent healthcare IT contractor. I currently have 6 customer contracts open, one that gets the majority of my time and the others are just a few hours a week or month. Things ebb and flow with each particular customer, but having the multiple customers helps even it out. But most of the time, there's plenty of work to keep me busy for about 50 hours/week on average.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Talk”