All things COVID-19

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: All things COVID-19

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:05 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Dear current administration,

It is entirely possible that what you want, and what is actually true and real, are two completely different things. And also, that tough and 'expensive' things are necessary to keep people from dying.

Thank you,

A concerned voter
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:25 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Absolutely agree, but tough sell to stupid and selfish people.

I'd suggest cutting WAY down on "essential" no dispensaries/liquor stores, for example, limited grocery. Medical.

I also know food deserts and lack of pantry capacity really make it hard for many folks. They're day to day during good times. Putting the scratch together to buy for two weeks...not really a thing. It would take serious public will to organize something like the school lunch deliveries we had locally, in order to make staying home realistic.
My county is still at a very slow burn, and already they've cancelled everything, not because of infection risk, but because they can't afford to hold the events. They could really use that cash Kanye and Jared grabbed
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:37 pm

I face a situation: One of my son's best friends is having a birthday party. The assumption appears to be that as long as we're outdoors, magically we cannot breathe any of the same air. I guess there is so much air outdoors that they can run around next to each other and no problem. I don't know what to do with this. 30 parents in this group chat and nobody is saying a word and they're all planning on going. And these are the people by the way we will be going back to school with. These are the people whose germs my innocent vulnerable parents and spouse will be sharing.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Increasing evidence that coronavirus is a disease of blood, not respiratory. Respiratory is the primary avenue of infection, but what happens afterwards is that it attacks everywhere, clot every organs it can get. Survivors are going to have years of variety of health issues along with strokes.

Don't freaking get it if you can help it.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:01 am

Birthday party observation and conclusion:
Our whole nation is doomed regardless.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 am

The CEO of the school system I work for is supposed to discuss the plan for reopening in about 20 minutes. I'm guessing it's going to be a list 3-4 things they might do, rather than an actual plan. That's what my kids' school district did.
Reel on a repeating loop
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:10 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:21 pm

And now all pandemic data reporting must go through the White House first rather than to the CDC???
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 am

His admiration of Putin's CCCP nostalgia is showing.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm told that 25% of test results in Arizona are coming back positive. Granted you probably have a great uptick of people seeking tests due to actual symptoms now, but even so that is a scary high number. Also told that 30% of Florida school children who have been tested were positive, usually without any symptoms. I think I live in a slightly more obedient community that will get its s*** together if the herdsmen say so loudly enough, but so far the shepherds have been useless. And once this thing gets away, it's too late even if they start telling us to lock down again. If this doesn't get solved by mid-August I have no idea what the hell is going to happen. I would assume that every bot employed by every one of our nation's enemies is working overtime to encourage the people who think it's a hoax that they don't need to do anything to distance or mask. My husband's family has seen the light and now realizes that Trump is leading them down the garden path; the conservatives in my own family are nowhere near this realization, but they are stirred by troubles because it's scary now. A big part of their brain must recognize that people weren't just making this up, now that they're hearing from their relatives in Texas and Florida and Arizona that s*** is getting real. I like it when the attempt to use a neutral plural ends up implying that these people share one frightened and confused brain, which was not my intention but I'm going to let that roll.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm

I'm glad more and more are realizing: it's not about the kids in September, it's about who the kids give it to: the teachers, the staff, their parents, their grandparents. But also: it's about the kids: the mental health toll of being home is on the average bad, but what about when those around them get sick? I was told my grandpa was depressed he didn't go to to WWII like his friends. But how would his mental health had been if he did experience war?

Anyways, Governor of Ohio says "we don’t want to be Florida in three weeks, or four weeks" -- Florida, the new "we're not" state.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm

But in a general way, Florida has been the place you wouldn't want to be anything like for a very long time now...
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Seriously debating taking a civil service exam and becoming a garbage man.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 am

Honestly shocked by the stupidity and hostility of large numbers of people. Yes, we all have questions about how to balance being safe with getting needed things done. Confusion is understandable; a desire to protect people's jobs is understandable. It's the malicious, willful stupidity that shocks me. The "I shall be as stupid as possible to own the libs, even if it kills me!" mentality.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:13 am

Basically dogpiled on a guy questioning mask policy at work. That was fun.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.

Return to “Nerd Talk”