Can’t sleep

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can’t sleep

Postby akiva » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:37 pm

Can’t sleep. Bad thoughts swirling in my head.

Not sure which is cause and which is effect.
Reel on a repeating loop
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: Can’t sleep

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:30 am

akiva, I can't say that I understand, because I don't think at a fundamental level anyone can completely understand anyone else's view. But I can certainly sympathize. I have had times where my thoughts have certainly become darker than I want, and I have had plenty of sleepless nights. There have been times that I crave nothing more than sleep, but don't want to sleep because I know the dreams will be just as bad.

Please seek some help. I don't know what kind of help is available for you. I know that here in NY with the shutdown, there have been a lot of mental health therapists who have become more readily available with free access for students AND TEACHERS. Get the help you deserve. Sometimes it's talking through things. Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance. The lack of sleep could be the cause or the effect, and with some help, maybe than can figure out which.

You are of value. Please take care of yourself.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:32 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:55 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:53 pm

I have my meds adjusted many times. Most recently I added one. I've been taking lamotrigine and nortryptilene (I probably spelled those wrong) for several years, and at the beginning of this year my psych added Trintellix. I can't tell if it's making a difference. Things seem okay for a while, then BOOM--they're not okay.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Talk”