I tested Covid Negative!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

I tested Covid Negative!

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:15 am

So I had a mid-grade fever (up to but never over 100), severe shortness of breath where I had to take breaths between sentences, deep muscle pain in my shoulders and upper back and a cough whenever I was lying down (so I couldn't sleep). Covid right?

I called my local hospital and they told me that it sounded like the flu, said I didn't need to be tested and prescribed me an inhaler. You know- like how they prescribe an inhaler for you when you have the flu? (Not something that happens.) But I also knew that the local hospital was rationing their tests because they only have capacity to test five people a day. So I called my local urgent care, hoping that they'd recommend I get tested and I could take that into Austin. Well it turns out that my urgent care just got in the 15 minute nasal swap rapid tests. So I went there an hour after calling them and they tested me for both Covid and flu. I was negative on Covid and positive on flu. And I have bronchitis (probably from the lack of activity and being stuck in the house while sick with flu). Because I had the flu shot, the fever didn't spike high. Because I had bronchitis, I was having shortness of breath. Three days later on the inhaler and antibiotics and I'm feeling much better.

I've never celebrated being diagnosed with the flu so much.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I tested Covid Negative!

Postby Stan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am

I'm glad they got it figured out and that you're better. Shortness of breath is a sob.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:30 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:19 am

Thanks yall! I'm not 100%, but I was telling my wife that I feel so much better than I did yesterday that it feels like 100%.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:36 am

Yeah for just having flu and bronchitis!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:40 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Congrats on the flu dude!

Dude with the flu!
Influencer with the influenza!
Bronchitis bro quite nicest!

Return to “Nerd Talk”