Amazon LOTR Prequel...

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Amazon LOTR Prequel...

Postby Zen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 am

So... after having gotten that YouTube channel's video about people who turned down roles in the LoTR movies another one of the videos from the same site showed up on my notifications on my phone. is titled:

"Things Fans Want To See In Amazon's Lord Of The Rings Prequel"

This made me watch it for two reasons:

1) I was interested in what they expect will be covered by the TV series. I've generally found Amazon does a very good job with adaptations of stories and I'd like to know what this group, who seems to have some insider info, thinks might be in store for us.

AND

2) I HAD NO FREAKING CLUE THAT AMAZON WAS EVEN DOING A FREAKING LoTR PREQUEL TV SERIES!!!! HOW THE %*<& DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So... was I alone in my obliviousness? Is this a result of my avoidance of the vast majority of news sources since the beginning of the last election cycle? (I have to admit it, but when Bernie Sanders first started running for President, knowing that someone who had a reasonably close political ideology to mine was tossing his hat into the ring and was going to be slaughtered I kind of shut down in terms of news. I avoided coverage as much as possible. I just didn't want to get invested and see the inevitable. It didn't work that well... I still followed it well enough to get pissed vicariously. But still, to this day, I don't really listen to public radio like I used to and the radio station I DO listen to now is a classic rock station that doesn't even have DJs. They JUST play music and commercials. It's kinda refreshing... But it does mean I don't EVER hear the news, even accidentally...)

I mean... evidently they announced LAST JULY. That's a long time ago!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: Amazon LOTR Prequel...

Postby Zen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:51 am

The more disturbing thought:

I DID know about this and forgot!

Am I THAT old?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:07 am

I've known it was in the works for quite awhile, but haven't been actively following the project. Most of what I've seen have been small stories online when some director or star is associated with the project.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Bezos has been demanding his own GOT. I was saddened that he got it, but it is what it is. The Silmarillion would be my choice for a series too, but It will take a genius not to make an unholy GOT of it. (Full disclosure, didn't care for virtually any complete element of GOT. everything seemed tainted by laziness and cut corners)
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Nerd Talk”