6 Day/6 Tremors Challenge

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

6 Day/6 Tremors Challenge

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:59 am

I know I quit the MEOW club, but I'm doing this to spite my family.

All six Tremors movies are on Netflix. I'm going to start up a FB group (I've also put the invitation there) for everyone participating. We are going to pick a day to start. The only rules are: (1) 1 you have to watch a Tremors movie a day, in order, for the six days the challenge is ongoing; (2) You need to post up your experiences and opinions to the group; and (3) you are allowed to watch ahead, as long as all six movies are watched in the six days the challenge is ongoing. Thus, don't start now, because that doesn't count. If you want to watch 1 and 2 on the first day, that's fine. But you can't watch the first one, and then wait for day three to watch 2 and 3. This is serious, so no slackers.

SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 6 Day/6 Tremors Challenge

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:52 am

I responded to you on Facebook, but I'll post here as well to egg others on.

I'm in.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Noice!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm

This was a blast by the way. The movies were terrible, but we all had fun suffering through them together!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun May 03, 2020 10:09 pm

My stance is controversial, but I think 3 was the worst of the franchise, and 4 was quite enjoyable.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon May 04, 2020 5:15 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon May 04, 2020 9:18 am

I thought that it was odd that shriekers are just about ignored after 3. Were they in 4? I think they were in 5 briefly, not at all at 6. It's a shame because they're my favorite stage of the life cycle.

One of the good things about 3 was the tension of how to effectively travel. Walking attracts the graboids, and we're carrying a mattress to avoid assblasters.

4 and 6 are the one I'd most want to play as a game. 4 is Boot Hill or Pure Steam with purple worms. That's fun. 6 was great, because you had people who actually knew what they were doing, and some varied skill sets. The first few everyone had the same skillsets, the only thing that really varied was how many guns they had.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon May 04, 2020 9:46 am

Yeah- I agree with a lot of what you said, but one of the appeals to 3- for me- was that, after the disappointment of 2, I was glad to got back to Perfection and see the original actors.

My final order: 1, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue May 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue May 05, 2020 1:31 pm

That's so great.

Return to “Nerd Talk”