Sleep

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sleep

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 19, 2020 8:58 am

Are you sleeping more, or less, or otherwise differently over the past few months? I'm sleeping less at night and then at various points I become completely exhausted and pass out like I'm on another planet, and when I wake up I seem to have forgotten a number of things about the present situation including the fact that we are dealing with the pandemic.

Of the other people in this house, two are sleeping slightly more and slightly later hours than normal, and the other two have had a completely disruptive and destructive derangement of anything resembling a normal sleep schedule.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Re: Sleep

Postby akiva » Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 am

I'm sleeping a bit more since I don't have to get up early. However, my sleep hasn't always been good--a couple of nights a week I'll wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep for an hour or more. That isn't new, though; I've been like that for as far back as I can remember. Does wonders for my mood 'cause when I can't sleep I stew (or is it that I can't sleep because I stew?--to quote Nietzsche, "It is a rendezvous, it seems, of questions and question marks.")
Reel on a repeating loop
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: Sleep

Postby DMDarcs » Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm

I've been sleeping in later, and it's not good for me, mostly because it disrupts my work schedule. I sleep in later than I want to, and then end up starting in with work about 5 minutes or less after getting out of bed. I find that to really get into the right head space, I need more time to transition.

Return to “Nerd Talk”