Panchen Lama

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Panchen Lama

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 20, 2020 5:59 pm

I like that voice to text turned this into "pension law". Anyway, this is a wild story about how a six year was chosen by the Dalai Lama to be the Panchen Lama, who in turn chooses the next Dalai Lama. But the one he chose was either not permitted or not interested in doing the job, or both, and the Chinese made a bid to select a new one of their own, which of course is not going to fly with anybody who thinks he's an imposter! On the other hand, Why should anybody be selecting a 6-year-old and putting that kind of burden on his life?! Now he's a grown adult of course, but the burden remains even if he chooses to ignore it. Like how absolutely weird would it be if people were parading around with photos of you as a 6-year-old because they think that you have been taken from them and were their rightful spiritual leader?! It would be weird. And with that thought I go to my conference call. Adieu!
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/20/asia ... index.html

Return to “Nerd Talk”