Locals

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Locals

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm

See, I no longer believe this type of thing is a coincidence. This is a campaign strategy born out of desperation, and it doesn't work unless you have really scary people out there doing scary things and pulling down statues randomly:

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/ ... 364721.php
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 pm

A local group is calling for a large statue of Lincoln to be removed from the UW-Madison campus, saying that just because he was anti-slavery did not mean he was pro-Black. Meanwhile, a young bi-racial woman was injured last night in Madison when a couple white men doused her with lighter fluid and set her on fire.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:12 am

My area has had nothing of the like happen in it. No one here gets why people are rioting and destroying their own stuff.

20 miles away there was a scheduled peaceful march. I know this because my oldest daughter decided to join it (a point on which we disagreed*).
I saw the aftermath which was only a bunch of yard signs that read:
"Welcome to Temple, feel free to exercise your free speech rights, BUT do not get violent or riot #OurBulletsArentRubber"
They were posted at businesses and yards.

*I told her that damaging other people's property and hurting people was an unacceptable form of protest and took away from any good that might have come from it. I also said that it is better NOT to be associated with people that do those things especially in today's corporate world where it can cost you your job.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 am

I just don't think that the cities of the nation are burning, judging by the ridiculous exaggerations I hear about the place where I live and am certain that it's not happening. Post George Floyd we had a couple nights where the police were firing tear gas and rubber bullets at peaceful, seated protestors, and that did in fact cause rioting. There were some broken windows and graffiti, some throwing things around, and that's about it. The actual violence came from the local neonazis who came seeking a fight, and they were able to do that without punishment. Meanwhile we've seen other peaceful protests met with unnecessary police brutality. This violence is being excused on the grounds that it is preempting violence from the peaceful protesters, which creates a dystopian "future crime" scenario where we can arrest people before they actually commit the crimes we assume they would like to commit.

I'm a big fan of my second amendment rights too but I don't think that property crimes deserve an instant extra-judicial death penalty, so thank God I don't live anywhere near these signs you're talking about. Where I live the law is that, for example, somebody can come to the driveway and bash in the windows of my car with a baseball bat, and I still don't get to shoot them dead to defend my car. I get to shoot them if they come after me or my kids. That's it, and that's how it should be, because Pro-Life.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Austin is one of 5hose towns Fox said was a war zone. It wasn’t. In fact half my family went to the protests. This is a lie being told to make white people scared.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 pm

Continue to be astonished at the people who honestly believe that our DEMOCRAT CITIES are all war zones where no one can tread safely. There are people who are scared to let their kids come to... my town. Because antifa and rioters. I mean... okay. I ... I have no words for that.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:53 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”