Please do this

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Please do this

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:12 pm

COVID has been especially hard on creatives and other artists. Today I sat down and took stock of all the different books, games, apps, etc. that I've really loved over the past six months. Then, if they weren't huge celebrities (i.e., Stephen King), I went on the internet and found a way to contact them (via email or facebook). Then I reached out to them and thanked them. Everyone's struggling, particularly artists, so I think it would be very encouraging and welcome for people to hear that you appreciate them for their hard work.

You've probably heard Mike talk about this on his podcast, but he and I do this periodically. At least every six months or so I do go through this exercise. And I get responses back on 40-50% of the communications I send out. And the thing is-- they really, really appreciated hearing from me. I almost never follow up on the messages or try to start up a pen pal situation. I just want them to know they're appreciated.

So you should do that to. It takes 30 to 45 minutes every six months. Try it.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Please do this

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

But what about the restraining order?
<3
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:20 pm

I donate monthly to New York Deaf Theater.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:38 pm

There is no like button for this post. I press the like button.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”